Loader FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #21  
I finally checked the air pressure in my front tires, and the front right tire was low. I added air, and the pin went right in.

OK, I'm trying to noodle through this one. I don't doubt your fix. But since the front axle can rock, I don't understand how this would fix it. Did you move the tractor in order to inflate the tire? My point is that if the front tire goes flat, the front of the tractor goes straight down, not at a tilt that should cause binding on one side.
On second thought (even more noodling), the procedure for the BX is to lift the front off the ground and the pins come free. If the wheels aren't even on the ground, what difference does the air pressure make? :confused::confused3:

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #22  
I haven't read this whole thread.

But, as BX2660 owner, I suspect the loader subframe mounting cradles aren't level and parallel to one another. I think the dealer should double check that first.

Good luck.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660
Good suggestions from all.Grandad - our little farm is on higher ground about 3 miles from the river, so we will be OK. We have darker dirt than by the river. It is a sandy soil down there, so that's why Beardstown melons are some of the best in the USA. Last we heard is it will crest on Thursday at 29.4 feet, .1 foot from the record set back in the forties. If that's the case, It shouldn't be too bad. The small communities have been sandbagging all week. When I finally get out to the tractor, I'm going to have a tire pressure gauge, as I had a friend of mine tell me that solved his problem when he found a rear tire with low pressure. I think Bruce might be on to something. Also going to use my level. Kelsir - I do recall noticing one of those stop bolts on the deck was quite a bit higher than the other one. I'll start by lowering that one a few turns and see what that does. Can't wait to work on it. Knowing the dealer will come out and fix it if I can't is great insurance. I have a feeling I'll be able to get it working with all of these suggestions. And thanks for the kind thoughts about the rising river.

My thought on the front wheel pressure is that since one side would be lower, it would cause the bucket to be crooked when it contacts the ground, thus flexing the loader frame. As the tractor lifts, it stays in a bind. From what I've learned, it doesn't take much.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #25  
My thought on the front wheel pressure is that since one side would be lower, it would cause the bucket to be crooked when it contacts the ground, thus flexing the loader frame. As the tractor lifts, it stays in a bind. From what I've learned, it doesn't take much.

That's just it, one side will NOT be lower than the other just from a front tire pressure. From a rear tire, yes, but not from a front. The whole front end will dip lower, but it won't tilt because of that.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #26  
I've got a slow leaker in front. I notice that when I lower the FEL, one corner hits first when this happens. After I re-inflate the tire, the FEL comes down "fairly" level.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #27  
Say your FEL is 1/16" of an inch off of a flat surface and you drive 1 front wheel up on a 2x6; that wheel goes up by 1 1/2 inches. The front axle rocks and lifts the entire front end by 3/4 inch. As you drive forward to gain that 3/4 inch, your FEL will lift further off the ground. (I started at 1/16" because that ensures there isn't slop in the cylinder pins nor an air bubble in the cylinder to worry about and ensures we aren't talking about a FEL frame that is already sprung). The force diagram would show absolutely no torque applied by the raised wheel that could make the tractor tilt because the rocking front axle does exactly what it is designed to do, rocks to one side.
You're telling me your bucket tilts???

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #28  
If the tire pressure is low, the tractor frame is no longer level, the FEL frame drops on the low side and hence the bucket is also lower. Try it....... Same thing if you have a MMM.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #29  
If you have a low tire, the front axle is no longer level, but since it rocks, it provides absolutely 0 force to hold the tractor perfectly upright. The front will drop straight down (or will rise straight up if a wheel is raised). Since it provides 0 force (because it can't provide any until it hits the stops) it also contributes nothing to a tilt.

Update - I was finally able to get out to the farm and play with the tractor. Boy, the grass was high! I needed to mow, so I decided I was just going to yank that pin out and deal with the consequences later. Put down the stand, raised the wheels, and grabbed the stuck pin. I was able to rotate it, , then I grabbed the T handle and gave it a BIG pull and twist. It started to come out slowly, then all of a sudden popped right out! :cool2: Left pin came out easily, then I uncoupled hoses and backed away. Then I pushed the pin back in to the tractor mount without the loader, it slipped right in until the last half inch. There is a LOT of paint, and a small burr. All I need to do now is a little bit of paint removal and a touch of filing, and I should be good to go. I suppose I was just afraid of breaking something since the tractor was new. This time I HAD to take it off, and threw caution to the wind. This is a load off my mind! And it sure drives nice without the loader. And it is a BEAST at mowing down foot high grass. THANK YOU to everyone who gave me advice. And by the way, the river is dropping nicely and the flood damage was minimal.