FEL Road Maintenance Cutter

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #91  
Bump, because I think this product deserves it. A versatile cutter that is made for tractors that many people here own, awesome! This would be ideal for our property. Easier to get to the stuff I need to cut, able to reach out where I can't pull up to, and able to trim the road! The two tractor's I'm looking at buying though are 8 gpm which is doable from what I read but borderline so not sure.

On the website it says return must be to sump, not to rear remote. What does the entail as far as running lines? (I'm still learning)

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #92  
Bump, because I think this product deserves it. A versatile cutter that is made for tractors that many people here own, awesome! This would be ideal for our property. Easier to get to the stuff I need to cut, able to reach out where I can't pull up to, and able to trim the road! The two tractor's I'm looking at buying though are 8 gpm which is doable from what I read but borderline so not sure.

On the website it says return must be to sump, not to rear remote. What does the entail as far as running lines? (I'm still learning)

A pair of rear remotes is nothing more than two directional valves that operate opposite from one another. Only one is open at a time therefore the other is closed. This prevents proper rerun of the fluid, returning to the sump can be done so many ways to include to the many plugs, hydraulic fill point, drain, dip stick tube, etc. we have seen many different paths.

Thanks for the bump!

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #94  
Thanks! We have done really well thus far with our cutter. We are hoping to over some additional cutters in the near future.

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #95  
A pair of rear remotes is nothing more than two directional valves that operate opposite from one another. Only one is open at a time therefore the other is closed. This prevents proper rerun of the fluid, returning to the sump can be done so many ways to include to the many plugs, hydraulic fill point, drain, dip stick tube, etc. we have seen many different paths.

Thanks for the bump!
Doesn't a rear remote return to the tank/sump? If not how does it work?

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #96  
Doesn't a rear remote return to the tank/sump? If not how does it work?

Yes a rear remote does return to the rear sump/tank but rear remotes are designed to only allow directional flow, the direction is changed by the lever position. Flow is only returning when the lever position is changed therefore not allowing continuous flow required for our cutter.

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #97  
Duerwood, if the rear remote has a float position, you could hold or fasten lever in the position next to the float, the fluid would be returning to the sump via the other line? To stop the cutter push the lever into the float position for cutter unwind? no/yes?

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #98  
You are correct in theory but what seems to happen with this is the volume of fluid is reduced therefore not turning the blades at the desired RPMs

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #99  
How is the New Holland tractor in the videos plumbed? what gpm?

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #100  
12.1 GPM, uses one rear remote supplied with the lever in the Forward position and the return is “T” back in to the return coming from the loader functions just below the floorboard.