Fel stopped working

/ Fel stopped working #21  
The pump is probably a fixed gear type. It displaces the same amount of fluid every revolution (minus internal leakage) so faster rpm means more fluid per unit of time.

You are correct, the pump can only produce pressure if it has something to push against. Normally that is the function of the relief valve. It keeps the end of the hose pinched off until it hits the limit then opens a little to let off some pressure.

It would be interesting to see what the pressure is between the priority valve and the 3 point valve where the main relief valve is located.

Also interesting would be what the pressure at the pump hose is when the loader is out of the circuit and the flow goes to the priority valve first in line.

To my mind they should all be the same 200 psi, but I might be missing something here.

Anyway, glad it is working. You now have more experience and some useful tools for future needs.

/ Fel stopped working
I'm thinking to the main circuit all has to be the same. Bit like a blood pressure reading I guess. One thing struck me as real strange. When the fluid was out of the system the steering wheel almost spun freely as if it were not connected mechanically to the front. Very unlike a car power steering when the engine is off where it is hard to turn. When fluid was back in the hydraulic lines the steering wheel was hard to turn with engine off which is how I expected it to be with no fluid.

/ Fel stopped working #23  
That is the same behavior that I have observed. Also the wheel will spin in either direction without stops.
I've never been able to figure out exactly how the steering box works.