Feldmann Turf Vent aerator + stand project

/ Feldmann Turf Vent aerator + stand project #11  
Thanks for posting this. I have the same unit and I need to make the stand as I am still using the cardboard after 2 years!

/ Feldmann Turf Vent aerator + stand project #12  
great job!!! :thumbsup: After seeing your reports, I am thinking of converting my tow behind to 3 pt, just to make it easier for me. If i need to turn, its just a simple matter of lifting 3 pt instead of getting off tractor and pull lever.

/ Feldmann Turf Vent aerator + stand project
great job!!! :thumbsup: After seeing your reports, I am thinking of converting my tow behind to 3 pt, just to make it easier for me. If i need to turn, its just a simple matter of lifting 3 pt instead of getting off tractor and pull lever.
I can't imagine dismounting EVERY TIME you need to turn! :confused2:

/ Feldmann Turf Vent aerator + stand project #15  

That's what I did with my old 36" tow behind. I actually hook it to the draw bar hole like a normal tow behind then use some chain run from one side of the aerator up through the lower 3PH swivel eyes and over to the other side. Secured the chain with some eye bolts through the aerator frame. If I use a small diameter pin in the draw bar hole, there's enough play to let the aerator lift up without bending the aerator tongue. I could really use a 48" model, but at the price of that 48" Turf Vent, I'll just stick with my 36" "Rube Goldberg" version and make a few more passes. :laughing:

I could really use a 48" model, but at the price of that 48" Turf Vent, I'll just stick with my 36" "Rube Goldberg" version and make a few more passes. :laughing:
If it works, it works!

wrooster

/ Feldmann Turf Vent aerator + stand project #17  
It looks like a really nice job you did on the lawn. Core aeration is the only way to go, its one of the best things you can do for your lawn. I've got a new Frontier 2060E Core Aerator that I'm itching to get in the ground but its wet where I am. We're averaging about 1 inch of rain a week so we haven't had a chance to dry out for very long. Have to be careful when I put the JD 3520 on lawns. Again, your machine did a nice uniform job on that yard.

Core aeration is the only way to go, its one of the best things you can do for your lawn.

How often are you guys aerating, and at what times of the year?

Regards,
wrooster

/ Feldmann Turf Vent aerator + stand project #20  
Thanks for the detailed post. Especially appreciated the pics you included that addressed the eyeball issue.

As to frequency of aerating: I do it at least twice a year. Just did it this past weekend (first power raked, vacuumed up thatch with tractor with bagger then aerated then overseeded, limed and fertilized then rolled)

I talked to a guy at Lesco who seems knowledgeable and he thinks at least twice a year is necessary with 3 times being ideal. I'm in the northeast by the way (south shore of MA)