Fellow Kubota RTV900 owners / mechanics - H E L P P L E A S E

/ Fellow Kubota RTV900 owners / mechanics - H E L P P L E A S E #31  
Stop throwing the parts cannon at this. Take a piece of wire and jump the starter solenoid to see if it will turn over. If it does, there's something in the middle preventing it from doing so. If not, and there is proper voltage at the solenoid and you can't even get it to click, it is probably shot.

In that case get out a DMM and start checking the circuit. The safety switches FAIL. Even if the gearshift is in park, brake on, etc. (whatever they all are) there could still be a switch causing a problem. So you need to simply test the switches at hand (or temporarily bypass them) to see what's up.

12.2v is not optimal, but 11.9v with the key on is not that bad or unreasonable since it has a load on. If it is showing 11.9 it will at least TRY turning over unless there is something very wrong with the battery. 12.8v is a CHARGED 12v battery, whether it's an Optima or a regular FLA battery... they will not sit at the 13.x+ volts they were charged at for long.

/ Fellow Kubota RTV900 owners / mechanics - H E L P P L E A S E #32  
True, if you unplug the small wire on the starter and take a jumper wire (12v) and touch where the wire was plugged in, it should crank over even with the key shut off. I have the same Optima battery in my New Holland and should not have a problem starting the RTV. If you have any questions about what I wrote before, ask! You can test this stuff with a simple 12v light with 2 wires soldered on, or test light, volt meter.

/ Fellow Kubota RTV900 owners / mechanics - H E L P P L E A S E
Okay thanks all. Have to go into town. Will resume tomorrow! We are 65 miles from everything so town trips are a pain. I have run the RTV with a Red Top since the first battery died!

Thanks guys. We have progress! Thanks all for your patience!
1st. Plugging a wire into the starter (pulling the one out 1st) and touching the battery fires the starter. Seems really strong.
2nd. Testing the starter relay wires, only the B/W wire had power. The others had nothing!
3rd. I am still trying to upload a picture and nothing happens. Do I have bad breath?
WHICH?

/ Fellow Kubota RTV900 owners / mechanics - H E L P P L E A S E #36  
Thanks guys. We have progress! Thanks all for your patience!
1st. Plugging a wire into the starter (pulling the one out 1st) and touching the battery fires the starter. Seems really strong.
2nd. Testing the starter relay wires, only the B/W wire had power. The others had nothing!
3rd. I am still trying to upload a picture and nothing happens. Do I have bad breath?
WHICH?

How are you trying to upload a picture? What program.
One mistake is to use too high a resolution setting on your camera and end up with a monstrous sized file.
Figure out how to use the lowest possible resolution on your camera and then try upload that image.
Dave M7040

20160213_182326 small.jpg
What moves is the red screw - it clicks when I turn the ignition on or off.

/ Fellow Kubota RTV900 owners / mechanics - H E L P P L E A S E #38  
For the relay to work you need power on the small red/blue wire. That is the wire that comes from the safety switches. Those would be the neutral switch and the hydraulic lever switch(turf only).

/ Fellow Kubota RTV900 owners / mechanics - H E L P P L E A S E #39  
The neutral switch should be on top of the transmission with 2 wires. If you unplug the wires, one should be hot when trying to start. If you jumper (bypass the switch), you now should have power at your relay on the red/blue wire and it should start. Good luck.
switch RTV 002_1.JPG