Ferguson Plow Question...(s)

/ Ferguson Plow Question...(s) #11  
I found some old posts that referenced Cresent Forge and Shovel Co. I haven't contacted them but I need a couple of moldboards for an old set of dearborn plows. Please let me know if they are able to help you, I just haven't had a chance to get with them (and I'm afraid they will say no can do).

Crescent Forge & Shovel -Tillage Tools

A local New Holland/Kubota dealer said they had someone they could send the points to that would "build" them back up to specs.

/ Ferguson Plow Question...(s)
I contacted a guy in Kansas, who says he can rebuild my points. I gotta send them off to him and see whats what. Gonna check this Crescent Forge right now. Thanks, I'll post what I find. So far it hasn't been promising. Thanks again.

/ Ferguson Plow Question...(s) #13  
I'd be interested to hear about the guy in Kansas rebuilding them. Where's he located? Mark

Was hard to hear him on my cell in a bad reception area but, I believe he said his name was, Jim White, PO Box 171 Richmond (?) Kansas, 66080. Got a phone number if you want to call him. Willie

/ Ferguson Plow Question...(s) #15  
Crescent Forge closed up years ago

/ Ferguson Plow Question...(s) #17  
Do a search. This has been discussed since 2008 I believe. Yes, the website is there, no the business is not.

Trust me, if they were there, I'd have some spare parts for my Ferguson. Great plow - it's a shame you can't get parts.

Thanks, I've been researching. New members have joined, like I did, and maybe someone has some shares that weren't privy to the conversation before, maybe some share were located after the last discussion. I just gotta keep trying. I believe I've contacted some of these people two and three times asking for new ideas or maybe some other contact. I've got a pile of pieces of paper with company names or people's phone numbers. I guess it's just hard to believe with the number of these plows out there that someone hasn't come up with a way to keep them in the ground. I got three of them and need points/shares for them. I guess once the previous owners took the points off they let them sit around hoping someone would find a use for them again.
I certainly don't mean to offend, I need as much help as I can get. I've been on this site and three others with the same problem. Like I said before, I can't bring myself to take a torch to plows. Thanks for all your help and new ideas. Willie

/ Ferguson Plow Question...(s) #19  
I hear you. If I ever hear of anything I'll be sure to pass it on.

/ Ferguson Plow Question...(s) #20  
I have a friend in KS who bought an old Ferguson AO plow a couple of years ago, with cast parts. I tried everywhere I could find on the net to find replacement parts, no luck at all. Talked to the MF dealer, he advised that a few years back that the last of the cast parts were sold, as these were and are popular plows. He said to take it to a welding shop and get the old parts fixed was about the only option left, as new parts were made from unobtainium.