Ferguson Plow Question...(s)

/ Ferguson Plow Question...(s)
Yeah, that's about the answer from everywhere. But, like I've already said...there's just way to many of these neat little workhorses out there. I wish I had the points to get rebuilt. Apparently the victims of the high price of scrap. My neighbor has the same plow but it's got different frogs. His are made out of straight welded pieces of plate steel, mine are all made of rounded steel, sort of wrapped around the beam. I've even checked into a frog set-up similar to his but it way cost prohibitive. I'd have to purchase separately the frog (I've been quoted over $200.00) then the new moldboard, shin, share, and wear pad/landside. Times that money twice. Kinda makes that new John Deere two bottom affordable. I've read many others with the same situation, I can't believe somehow somewhere there isn't a affordable solution to this problem that we all seem to know about. I talked to a guy the other day and he assured me he could find me a set of shares....then I told him mine were two holes and the measurements between the holes and the front of the share ..... haven't heard from him since.
Still in search of.... Willie

Last edited:
   / Ferguson Plow Question...(s) #22  
Sounds like you've got a real search ahead of you. I've got an old MF # 62 2-12 plow, luckily my shares are in good shape. I THINK Ken Sweet told me when I got it that he might be able to provide some parts, not sure if the points were in that.

It's odd that the Chinese, for all their "cheap problems" aren't producing shares for these old plows. There's surely a market for them if what I'm hearing about the demand is right. Not a huge market to be sure, but enough to keep a small foundry busy for a while.

Sean

/ Ferguson Plow Question...(s)
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Chinese, Japanese, someone has got to get with the program and make shares. "That's my final answer." Willie