Spreader Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200???

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200???
Murph,

Have gone down this road before, but thanks for the heads up. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif One thing with a BX you will always have to cut the PTO shaft, well unlesss the dealer does it for u /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #52  
I can provide that measurement for you. I will get it in a few hours and post it, just got yo get out to the shop.
It is normal to cut the shafts, I imagine any compact tractor will require cutting the shafts on things like spreaders, cutters tillers etc. J

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #53  
Tom, I just used a hacksaw to cut down the shaft for my M96. It wasn't too bad of a job. I might have used my SawsAll to save on elbow-grease, but I didn't have an appropriate blade on hand that day!

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #55  
Just to let you all know that I paid $350.00 for mine. That included shipping and sales tax. I got it from the dealer I bought my tractor from. I would have cut the PTO myself but did not want to do it with a almost worthless hacksaw. Out side would have been easy but the inside would have taken some time. There is a machine shop real close and he charged me $15.00 to cut both sides. He used a bandsaw to cut the inside shaft. Pretty straight when he was done with it.

murph

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #56  
Thank goodness that Quicken has a search feature!!! I bought the M96 from Histand's in Doylestown PA in July 2000. The Price was $376 plus tax. I probably paid a little more than I would have if I shopped around a bit, but at the time, expedience was more important. I would imagine your local dealer carries or can get it. Mid-State in Titusville may also be able to help. (Where I bought my BX-22 last fall)

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200???
Jim,

Got my BX from Histand's in Doylestown, did you deal with Mike? Do you have a phone number for Mid-State in Titusville ?

Thanks

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #58  
When I bought my BX2200 in 2000, I dealt with Wendel Histand. Very nice folks to do business with, but when I wanted to trade the BX2200 for the BX-22, they just couldn't do a deal that I could afford. The price-less-trade difference was too great...like two grand higher.

Mid-State's number is 609-737-7400. Greg Goldt is my contact there and he's been fine to deal with to-date. I'll know about his service shortly as I have a few small things that need to be checked under warranty. They are on Rt 29 a few miles south of Lambertville.

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #59  
Using the drawing in CCI's post the overall length should be 18.5 inches and the length from the outside of the bells is 10.75. It may be needed to reduce each of those another .25 inches. I cut mine with a hacksaw and then used a file to dress the ends. Piece of cake. Becareful with the M96 in that if you raise the spreader all the way up---no reason to do that--the top link arm will contact and possibly bend that piece of sheet metal that covers the rear frame cross member on the BX, the piece that has the top link retainer. Your shaft should be cut so that it does not bind when full up and does not slip off when full down, in practice, your spreader will be set level on the drawbars--drawbars level approx. and the top link adjusted to tilt the spreader slightly up in the rear. Cut the same amount off of each section of shaft to achieve the proper overall length. Set the shaft with the locknut--per the manual from Herd, such that there is no or very little free play when the shaft is pulled on--ie--the PTO shaft should be pushed all the way on to the input shaft and then the set nut tightened down--this prevents overloading the drive gears.
Sorry it took so long, I was out of town on buisness last week and running behind.
J

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #60  
Dang--sorry--those measurements I gave are with the PTO shaft fully collapsed. J