Filters question??

/ Filters question?? #11  
Im not sure I understand this suport the local dealer if his prices are a bit high stuff. If hes high and wont beat the online prices then he deserves to go out of business, I think people get loyalty confused. Theres nothing Loyal about getting screwed by a guy that looks you in the eye and shakes your hand.

In many cases (not exclusive to tractors) you can do brand matches and get that special $30 filter for $8, and have it dropped at your door in a day or three.

/ Filters question?? #12  
Im not sure I understand this suport the local dealer if his prices are a bit high stuff. If hes high and wont beat the online prices then he deserves to go out of business,

Remember that you will need your dealer next time you want to buy a new shiny tractor. If he "deserved to go out business" you may have a tough time finding one around to let you try a few models before you pay big bucks on a piece of equipment. Yes, you can buy everything on line, but you never really know what you get until it shows up in front of your house on a delivery truck. To maintain presence, pay for rent, inventory, people, benefits.... and to support local economy, dealers by their very nature have to mark prices up. Basic economists. I tend to buy things locally if price is close. If we are far apart, I let my dealer have the first shot to offer me a more reasonable price. Most recently, I got a quote on-line for a new woods backhoe at a 40% discount to my dealer price. I let him know about it, and we both agreed that the on line deal is not beatable. He did however offer advice and support on this backhoe, and I bought frame and hydraulics from him, even though I could likely save a bit.

/ Filters question?? #13  
Im not sure I understand this suport the local dealer if his prices are a bit high stuff. If hes high and wont beat the online prices then he deserves to go out of business, I think people get loyalty confused. Theres nothing Loyal about getting screwed by a guy that looks you in the eye and shakes your hand.

In many cases (not exclusive to tractors) you can do brand matches and get that special $30 filter for $8, and have it dropped at your door in a day or three.

Your local dealer has a brick and mortar business with expensive tools, utility bills and a bunch of employees. He supports the local economy, the local municipality etc, etc... If there's a few dollars difference, big deal. I think it's great if you don't want to support him though, just don't be surprise what happens when we both drop our tractors off for repairs. You may save a few bucks on a filter (I really doubt it's much after shipping), but your dealer will get it back when you need his help or you go to trade. I bought a $38K toy, why would I be concerned with saving $10 on a filter, my dealers is excellent to me and I try to return the favor. Oh, when I order something from my dealer, it's usually sitting on the seat of my tractor in 1 to 3 days and he sends me the bill in the mail a few weeks later. I also trust him with my credit card number. To each their own...

/ Filters question?? #14  
MIE does a lot of online business so I don't feel sorry for them. All the parts places have brick and mortar business with employee's utility bills and such.

/ Filters question??
Im not sure I understand this suport the local dealer if his prices are a bit high stuff. If hes high and wont beat the online prices then he deserves to go out of business,

Remember that you will need your dealer next time you want to buy a new shiny tractor. If he "deserved to go out business" you may have a tough time finding one around to let you try a few models before you pay big bucks on a piece of equipment. Yes, you can buy everything on line, but you never really know what you get until it shows up in front of your house on a delivery truck. To maintain presence, pay for rent, inventory, people, benefits.... and to support local economy, dealers by their very nature have to mark prices up. Basic economists. I tend to buy things locally if price is close. If we are far apart, I let my dealer have the first shot to offer me a more reasonable price. Most recently, I got a quote on-line for a new woods backhoe at a 40% discount to my dealer price. I let him know about it, and we both agreed that the on line deal is not beatable. He did however offer advice and support on this backhoe, and I bought frame and hydraulics from him, even though I could likely save a bit.
BY GOD WE HAVE A WINNER.This is the point I was tryng to make.coobie

/ Filters question?? #16  

Spoken like someone who knows zip about how business runs. Store is supposed to beat online prices?!:confused2::hissyfit:
Really? In what alternate reality do you live.
And $80 filters that are manufactured by one source ONLY do NOT get brand matches and huge markdowns like Edsel oil filters at Wallyworld.
BTW, it's attitudes like yours about 'who deserves to go out of business' that make it difficult for a lot of small struggling businesses to stay in business in this or any economy.

And, BTW, if one happens to own a Deere it won't be long until there are few if any small stores left to sell you a tractor or lawnmower- they're fazing out all small single store shops as we speak. Good luck saving a few bucks when the only place to buy will be huge mega-mall stores. Maybe you can work a brand match or special price on your next tractor purchase online.

/ Filters question?? #17  
You can get the exact same parts online for cheaper. Why pay dealer prices? Are you nuts?

Not being cheap. It's called frugal, troll. And who was talking about online repair shops? Is that something you just made up? I buy parts online whenever i need them and do the repairs myself. What's so hard about that? Seems that is what most people do to save a buck. Plus, some of us enjoy working on tractors. I guess when you own a kioti you have to do a lot of repairs, at least that's what seems to be a major complaint about them.

You start out by telling the OP he's 'nuts' for wanting to support his local dealer, then you cast aspersions to me for questioning your attitude; and obviously can't understand the subtlety of my reference to online repair shops to prove my point that one cannot do everything online. Then you fall back on your weakest argument of all, that Kiotis must be junk according to your exclusive polling techniques, backed up by nothing other than your opinion, which amounts to less than nothing.
Better order up some Deere parts now before they close ALL the small stores, as they are in process of doing currently. Maybe then you can order your next Deere online.

/ Filters question??
Not being cheap. It's called frugal, troll. And who was talking about online repair shops? Is that something you just made up? I buy parts online whenever i need them and do the repairs myself. What's so hard about that? Seems that is what most people do to save a buck. Plus, some of us enjoy working on tractors. I guess when you own a kioti you have to do a lot of repairs, at least that's what seems to be a major complaint about them.
Got quite a chuckle out of the last line about a lot of repairs on the kioti brand tractors.My 2008 kioti DK40 se has been flawless as in no repairs yet (just so you fully understand).By the way my 2011 JD X740 diesel has been flawless also go figure.LOL.I guess when folks can,t find the real facts they find they must cheap shot other brands to make them feel a little better about themselves.coobie

/ Filters question?? #19  
Ok, lets put this straight, I do understand overhead cost. If you choose to pay more to the local fine, but in a lot of ways that only allows them to continue their poor pricing practices. If you take your business else where it forces them to compete, which benifits you, the consumer. If you really like a business, then give them a chance to match the whole salers price. If they cant, they have no business selling.

About my attitude, stores are a business, compete or die. Its simple. No I dont feel bad when a small store goes under, to be replaced by a store/supplier with better selection and/or price. It is good for the consumer.

/ Filters question??
Ok, lets put this straight, I do understand overhead cost. If you choose to pay more to the local fine, but in a lot of ways that only allows them to continue their poor pricing practices. If you take your business else where it forces them to compete, which benifits you, the consumer. If you really like a business, then give them a chance to match the whole salers price. If they cant, they have no business selling.

About my attitude, stores are a business, compete or die. Its simple. No I dont feel bad when a small store goes under, to be replaced by a store/supplier with better selection and/or price. It is good for the consumer.
Good for you and your Wal-Mart mentality(compete or die)gotta love that attitude.Not me I am for the local small business person that gives back to the community.