*FINALLY* Going to Tazewell

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell
Everything fit on the trailer well?

Chris helped us do some readjusting this morning, had the 4in1 and lmb in back of Suburban, everything else on trailer. Took it nice and slow coming home, rolled in around 10 tonight. Used the PT to unload everything and into garage then used PT to move the trailer. Moving a trailer with the PT is like nothing I've seen before. Ace Ventura said it best with "Like a glove!"

Thanks again everyone for the responses, feedback, etc. I am beyond happy with it already and I haven't even done anything really yet.

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #53  
No easier way to move a trailer that I am aware of.

Ken

PS Glad you got home safe and with everything intact.

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #54  
Been following your adventure. I recall my first few days of having the PT....you're gonna luv it! I wish Terry and the gang would follow our mods here...esp the muffler mod!

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #55  
Chris helped us do some readjusting this morning, had the 4in1 and lmb in back of Suburban, everything else on trailer. Took it nice and slow coming home, rolled in around 10 tonight. Used the PT to unload everything and into garage then used PT to move the trailer. Moving a trailer with the PT is like nothing I've seen before. Ace Ventura said it best with "Like a glove!"

Thanks again everyone for the responses, feedback, etc. I am beyond happy with it already and I haven't even done anything really yet.

I was first introduced to small articulated machines in the late 70's working at an airport operating air horse's like this...
AirHorse.jpg
You sit on the hood with the wheel between you legs. Ends up quite natural. Spent 6 years operating them.

The PT takes a bit of time to get used to, especially since you're sitting on the half with the FEL arms.

Be wary of the teeth on any buckets, as you WILL put an air hose pass-through port in the side of your garage sooner or later! Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

I use out PT425 with a ball hitch on the FEL to move our car 18' car hauler trailer around the yard, especially with load of wood on it or moving it back to its parking pad after unloading. Works great and way more maneuverable than the Suburban. :thumbsup:

Take you time, go play in the dirt, and remember the hydraulics are stupid fast acting on the FEL at full throttle. I have bounced my share of mulch into my own lap more than once. I've flung RR ties and logs of similar size about 8' with the pallet forks. Just remember these things, be prepared for the PT pucker (where the center of gravity moves as you articulate the machine). It will happen sooner or later. You'll have a full load on the FEL arms going straight forward or backward, and as you turn, the machine physically gets shorter, the center of gravity moves, and the machine tips forward and the rears come off the ground. Its really best to go out and load a bucket with concrete blocks or patio pavers, etc... and see it for your self before it surprises you.

Turn the tractor to one side or the other all the way. Lift the bucket about 2-3 inches off the ground. Start stacking bricks, patio blocks, sacks of cement, etc... into the bucket until you see it drop onto the ground(watch your toes). The sit on the machine and try lifting the load a couple more inches. The rears will be off the ground. Now turn the steering wheel towards straight and the rears should drop and the bucket should rise. Turn again and it'll drop. Get used to it, be aware of it. Understand it. And expect it. Never travel with your FEL raised high with a load, and be aware it'll tip forward if the load is too heavy and you turn. Keep your hand on the joystick and shove it forward to lower the FEL quickly if you have to and always wear your seatbelt for just this reason.

Practice, practice, practice. :laughing:

Been following your adventure. I recall my first few days of having the PT....you're gonna luv it! I wish Terry and the gang would follow our mods here...esp the muffler mod!

I've put about 4 hours on it (work delays due to Easter). I absolutely love it.

When I was in Tazewell, I did tell Terry about the few gripes that I've seen here (for instance, lights should be up on ROPS).

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #57  
...I did tell Terry about the few gripes that I've seen here (for instance, lights should be up on ROPS).

And in power-trac's grand tradition, they will note your suggestions.... and do nothing....

Replacing headlights with LEDs mounted on the ROPS are a must-do, especially if you ever have to plow snow in the dark.

Well, Pedro and I are quickly becoming best friends. (Tractor's name is Pedro BTW after my Grandpa Pete who in his later years got where he was going on his little lawn tractor).

I've got about 13 hours on him and couldn't be happier. One thing I have noticed though is when shutting it off, I'll either get a very momentary run-on or rarely a little backfire. Is that par for the course or something that needs adjusting. If I throttle down before shut-off, doesn't seem to make a difference.

20170423_133412.jpg

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #59  
Dirty already! Maybe you will learn to keep yours immaculate like mine. (FYI, mine is always covered in mud, wood chips, etc)

Congratulations on putting that nice tractor to work.

Ken

Ken, I clicked on your link. What is that trailer/wagon you have there? I want one!