*FINALLY* Going to Tazewell

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #61  
that is an agrifab trailer that i converted into a walking beam trailer by replacing the axle with a longer one plus some spacers. With a walking beam trailer, say you come to a ditch crossing. The front wheels drop into the ditch and then the beam rotates on the axle with the rear wheel rotating over the front wheel. Keeps your trailer fairly even instead of dropping into the ditch. Also helps on uneven ground. The trailer was very reasonably priced at the time

I also bought a small hay wagon like one of these that I really like for heavier loads. Utility Dump Wagons & Trailers for ATV, lawn and garden, Compact and Subcompact Utility Tractors by CMI.

So when doing firewood in the woods, i often put on my swinging mini hoe onto the tractor and then pull the hay wagon with the walking beam wagon behind that - a little firewood train :) One nice thing is that with tractor being articulating, those wagons follow the exact same path. My trails are just wide enough in spots so that is a good thing.

Ken

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #62  
Well, Pedro and I are quickly becoming best friends. (Tractor's name is Pedro BTW after my Grandpa Pete who in his later years got where he was going on his little lawn tractor).

I've got about 13 hours on him and couldn't be happier. One thing I have noticed though is when shutting it off, I'll either get a very momentary run-on or rarely a little backfire. Is that par for the course or something that needs adjusting. If I throttle down before shut-off, doesn't seem to make a difference.

View attachment 507189

I had a Kohler in a lawn tractor that would do that. I kinda liked it, like Uncle Buck's car.... anyhow, my remedy has always been to shut down the throttle all the way and count to one-potato, two-potato, etc... up to 20-potato and shut it off.

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #63  
Nice picture...

I'm noticing differences in your mower deck from my 2001 model.

The caster legs on yours are bent tubing, mine are square tubing, cut and welded.
And the mounting brackets to your quick attach are different. Mine are welded. No bolts.
My center pivot is different, too. Yours appears to be through the cross bracket. Mine's welded on top.
Yours has loops on the sides of the QA plate. I'm guessing to retain the hoses. Mine doesn't have those.

You appear to have been going backwards before your parked and took the picture, as the casters are facing backwards.

And you mowed on the lowest height setting, as your spacers are set that way.

Chalk drawings in the driveway indicate you're obviously a street performer.

Get a picture of the seat indentation and we'll guess your weight and height, too. :laughing:

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell
Nice picture...

I'm noticing differences in your mower deck from my 2001 model.

The caster legs on yours are bent tubing, mine are square tubing, cut and welded.
And the mounting brackets to your quick attach are different. Mine are welded. No bolts.
My center pivot is different, too. Yours appears to be through the cross bracket. Mine's welded on top.
Yours has loops on the sides of the QA plate. I'm guessing to retain the hoses. Mine doesn't have those.

You appear to have been going backwards before your parked and took the picture, as the casters are facing backwards.

And you mowed on the lowest height setting, as your spacers are set that way.

Chalk drawings in the driveway indicate you're obviously a street performer.

Get a picture of the seat indentation and we'll guess your weight and height, too. :laughing:

All of that is correct, except we prefer to be called "street performance artists"...

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell
that is an agrifab trailer that i converted into a walking beam trailer by replacing the axle with a longer one plus some spacers. With a walking beam trailer, say you come to a ditch crossing. The front wheels drop into the ditch and then the beam rotates on the axle with the rear wheel rotating over the front wheel. Keeps your trailer fairly even instead of dropping into the ditch. Also helps on uneven ground. The trailer was very reasonably priced at the time

I also bought a small hay wagon like one of these that I really like for heavier loads. Utility Dump Wagons & Trailers for ATV, lawn and garden, Compact and Subcompact Utility Tractors by CMI.

So when doing firewood in the woods, i often put on my swinging mini hoe onto the tractor and then pull the hay wagon with the walking beam wagon behind that - a little firewood train :) One nice thing is that with tractor being articulating, those wagons follow the exact same path. My trails are just wide enough in spots so that is a good thing.

Ken

Like this? Trailler VTT Tandem - YouTube

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #66  
Congratulations on "Pedro"! Clearly a kindred spirit.

Just a small heads up on the mower- if you mow across uneven ground, e.g. a ditch or swale, the mower will pivot fore/aft on the big bolts on each side. If the QA plate isn't centered, or the ditch is large, you bend or shear the small bolts lower down. It's a "feature". They are easy to replace and the metal is easy to bend/hammer back into place. You can guess how I know...

All the best, Peter

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #68  
The run on you are experiencing was also common on my 422. Initially this was resolved by allowing the engine to idle on low setting for about 15+ seconds and then shut down. Since I did the Subaru muffler mod(HIGHLY suggested) I rarely get the run on/backfire any longer and usually only if I shut off immediatly after getting very hot. If I idle down for just a few seconds and then shut down I get nothing but silence :)

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #69  
Dirty already! Maybe you will learn to keep yours immaculate like mine.
You just need to keep a picture of it on the day your brought it home, when it was nice and shiney green, and then whip that out every now and then for the next 15 years.... sort of like Mossroad does occasionally. :D That way we think you wax your PT more often then your car.

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #70  
You just need to keep a picture of it on the day your brought it home, when it was nice and shiney green, and then whip that out every now and then for the next 15 years.... sort of like Mossroad does occasionally. :D That way we think you wax your PT more often then your car.

OH YEAH!!!

507416d1493250171-finally-going-tazewell-pt425andme-jpg

Attachments

• PT425ViewEngineCompL.jpg
    PT425ViewEngineCompL.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 50
  • PT425ViewFrontL.jpg
    PT425ViewFrontL.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 52
  • PT425AndMe.jpg
    PT425AndMe.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 178