Backhoe FINALLY Got My Backhoe

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe
Hey, thanks Dave. Yeah, that would be a long trip on a tractor. I used to travel to Nashville quite a bit, usually flew but drove once or twice. Heck, that's a long trip in a car!

I took the backhoe off the other night for the first time. Super easy! JD does such a good job with the quick-attach features. It took me longer to put the tph hardware back on than it did to remove the hoe. I'll likely re-install this weekend depending on the weather. Over time, I suspect the hoe will spend a lot more time off than on, but I'm still enjoying the newness of it all /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #32  
Finally getting mine on monday, 1998 855 loader #7 backhoe, has only 177 hours, cop from nyc owned it and traded it for a koiti tractor. I have private road with seven houses on it, been barrowing my neighbors 855 so I hope this works out ok. His 855 is and 1987 and is garaged and looks new, mine as in monday. looks a little weathered but all metal is straight and no rust, I did buy a box scraper this summer from tractor supply, and that seems to work good. Next summer hope to find york rake with wheels. Only thing I worry about is the 855 with the #7 backhoe too weak or small. Had one of my friends over with his kubota L48 pulled stumps and dug our septic system, he had no problem at all with his unit. I dont plan on doing that kind of work, I have a full time job, just need the tractor for road and my home and yard.
Greg

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #33  
Those are some amazing pictures. you do really nice work.
there is no end to what a man and his backhoe can do. ...;)
everyone needs a hoe.

Chris....:)

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #34  
Rip,
Nice looking wall.

Aren't you concerned about the dirt bank pushing forward on it over time? I've always thought you should put rods from the outside of the wall to plate on the inside a few feet from the wall.

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #35  
I saw some people build one of these walls at a office building down the street from my house. I did notest thay put down some sort of wire mesh webbing about every 3rd block up and filled over it. like some sort of support.
to tie it to the wall. it was about 12 foot wall.
kinda like you would put dead men in a cross tie wall. i suppose it is to serve the same perpose. as support.

Chris.....:)

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #36  
A sub frame on a 790 ?, my dealer said it wasn't doable.

Would love to change mine over from 3-pt. Got any close ups of the frame ?

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe
Willl said:
A sub frame on a 790 ?, my dealer said it wasn't doable.

Would love to change mine over from 3-pt. Got any close ups of the frame ?

Is that a John Deere dealer? If so, he may be a bit off. All of the JD hoes are subframe and the #7 is designed to fit the 790, subframe and all. Now, I can't say for sure that they still make the #7 so maybe there isn't a new backhoe available for the 790 anymore.

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #38  
RobS said:
All of the JD hoes are subframe
Um, no they're not. Mine isn't and all the 790s in the dealers yard are NOT sub frame mounts. All 3-pt mounts.

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe
Willl said:
Um, no they're not. Mine isn't and all the 790s in the dealers yard are NOT sub frame mounts. All 3-pt mounts.

Aah, but is it a JD backhoe? As far as I know, all the JD hoes are subframe. Aftermarket (Woods, Bradco etc.) make three point mounts and may offer subframes for selected tractors.

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #40  
RobS said:
Aah, but is it a JD backhoe? As far as I know, all the JD hoes are subframe. Aftermarket (Woods, Bradco etc.) make three point mounts and may offer subframes for selected tractors.
Ah, good point, they're all aftermarket hoes at my dealer. (wonder why ?)