Backhoe FINALLY Got My Backhoe

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe
Willl said:
Ah, good point, they're all aftermarket hoes at my dealer. (wonder why ?)

Good question. Not that I bleed green but the quick attach on the JD hoes is so slick I can't imagine anything else. Mine is probably the least elegant but the 47/48/447/448 setup is an engineering marvel.

Maybe the dealer got a good deal on some three point hoes. Nice thing is, they fit multiple models where the subframes are tractor specific.

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #42  
Chris2520 said:
I saw some people build one of these walls at a office building down the street from my house. I did notest thay put down some sort of wire mesh webbing about every 3rd block up and filled over it. like some sort of support.
to tie it to the wall. it was about 12 foot wall.
kinda like you would put dead men in a cross tie wall. i suppose it is to serve the same perpose. as support.

Chris.....:)
Geotex or similar. requires some engineering It takes into account type of soil and stress the bank is likely to put onto the wall. For my 9 ft wall it wasn't required, but the dealer showed where they had to use it on a 3 ft wall due to soil movements.

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #43  
Willl said:

Willl: What make backhoe do you have?
I bought a 3pt hoe for my 770 (just about identical to a 790) and I fab'd a subframe for it..took some time and energy, but everytime I use mine (practically every weekend.;) ) I'm glad I built it.. The subframe makes for a stronger tractor with FEL work, and it adds over 200 pounds too.

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #44  
I've got the Bradco 3265.

Yes, building one isn't totally out of the question.

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #45  
Willl said:
I've got the Bradco 3265.

Yes, building one isn't totally out of the question.

Must admit, with the home made subframe, removing, and installing the hoe takes real work..:eek: ..if I was building it now, would definitely do it differently.

I'd spend the time necessary to make it self line up to pin holes, I built it to bolt on. It works, but swapping it out is a job. Hope to make some modifications next year..too busy now.

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #46  
I can take the BH and FEL off and install the 62D MMM in about 25 minutes without pushing it.

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #47  
Willl said:
My dealer had a used #7 hoe with a subframe & he indicated it would fit a 790, among several other models that I forget now.

Skip

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #48  
RobS said:
Is that a John Deere dealer? If so, he may be a bit off. All of the JD hoes are subframe and the #7 is designed to fit the 790, subframe and all. Now, I can't say for sure that they still make the #7 so maybe there isn't a new backhoe available for the 790 anymore.

Yes the 7 is still available...
John Deere commercial products: Features for Attachment 7 Backhoe

It fits the old 855-955's as well...

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #49  
I wonder if JD's solid mount would fit my Bradco hoe ?

/ FINALLY Got My Backhoe #50  
Willl said:
I wonder if JD's solid mount would fit my Bradco hoe ?

When I was deciding what to do about a subframe,I checked into that for my taylorway..would have to make it work, and it cost a lot.. I think it was $1,200-1,400.. for the main frame, and another 400? for the mounting part. You and I couldn't use the bracket for the #7, but the basic subframe could be used, but so could a Woods subframe, just need a bunch of good solid welds and the ability to fabricate.

Uh.. tried to get on the Woods subframe page? must be closed or moved..