Finally, new work lights II

/ Finally, new work lights II #11  
I'm looking to add lights to my 2350 before too long. I'd like mine outside the ROPS like you have them but I have too many low hanging branches to mow around:eek: .

The comment about the electrical load should be a concern. The alternator on my tractor is rated at 40 amps. It'll be interesting to see if working the alternator that hard will shorten it's life. A clamp on ammeter would tell you just how much current all the lights (including the headlights) are drawing.

/ Finally, new work lights II #12  
Yep. If you use them alot and notice the battery isn't staying up like it should, it's telling you something. The HD alternator is definitely the key, if anyone is thinking of doing this. IIRC, the stock generator only puts out about 14 amps.
All that aside, the results are pretty darn impressive!

/ Finally, new work lights II
ljh2 said:
... Do you think that maybe they need to be aimed a little lower? In the video it looked like the beam was focused pretty high in the trees.

Because of the angle of the ROPs, that is as low as they go. That being said, I kind of like them there. They have a good long throw and the ambient light scattered around illuminates the work area suitably. The rear lights are aimed very low and cast two big circles of light on the ground behind the tractor 20 feet and 30 feet respectively.

ljh2 said:
I've been planning on mounting some work lights on my tractor too, hopefully your post will motivate me to get that done.

I hear ya'! I bought those lights, switches and fuse panel last summer.:D

fish6942 said:
I'm looking to add lights to my 2350 before too long. I'd like mine outside the ROPS like you have them but I have too many low hanging branches to mow around:eek: . ...
QUOTE]

I suppose you could always mount them at the side. I, too, have some additional pruning to do.:cool:

DiezNutz said:
Yep. If you use them alot and notice the battery isn't staying up like it should, it's telling you something. The HD alternator is definitely the key, if anyone is thinking of doing this. IIRC, the stock generator only puts out about 14 amps.
All that aside, the results are pretty darn impressive!

The motive to this madness is to snowblow in the short winter hours. I doubt if they receive much of anything but occasional use in the summer. Once the novelty of Bushhogging all hours of the night wears off, of course. :D :D

That being said, I'm sure I'll know soon enough if they are taxing the battery beyond the ability of the alternator. Is there a bigger alternator? What about dual alternators..hmmm:rolleyes: