Tractor
kubota b2650
Before pictures
IMG_6163.JPG
IMG_6161.JPG

/ Finally painting backhoe #2  
Those are lovely 'before' pictures, but I'm here for the 'after.' 🤣

/ Finally painting backhoe #3  
Prepping and painting equipment will definitely test a guys patience ! Not fun at all.
Good for you, and waiting for the "after" pictures. 👍

/ Finally painting backhoe
IMG_6208.JPG

About to use Ospho, anyone have any real experience with the product? I know all of us here on TBN are experts on nearly every topic

/ Finally painting backhoe #7  
I'd never heard of it, had to look it up; definitely seems worth the time. Now is this a coating you apply paint to, or would the finish be left in the gray?

/ Finally painting backhoe
It’s mainly phosphoric acid and it converts rust making it inert. I have used it before with some minor issues. This time I’m going to sand it after it cures and apply oil based primer, then John Deere construction yellow.

/ Finally painting backhoe #9  
It’s mainly phosphoric acid and it converts rust making it inert. I have used it before with some minor issues. This time I’m going to sand it after it cures and apply oil based primer, then John Deere construction yellow.

Well see, now I've learned something.

If you're half as concerned about mechanical maintenance I bet this thing has a looong life ahead of her. Very good!

/ Finally painting backhoe #10  
Yes, I've used it in the body shop.

I do not like it. Lots of prep work, as a result of the powdery residue it will leave in places that are hard to get into, when you try to remove it. Using a product that makes more work, was always counter intuitive to me.

I would clean the metal and use a vinyl wash primer before you seal it. If you follow the directions, and apply it properly, you can turn even a low end primer sealer into the result of high end product. I have used tons of it, and it is very reliable. And, it's very economical to use.

Your best chip resistance, can be achieved by using the wash primer, then coating it within the recoat window, with a sealer that has iso hardener, and then after that flashes, immediately apply a single stage paint with hardener. The layers of paint will cross link and lock together. And, the wash primer will lock it down to the metal.