Buying Advice Finding the right tractor.

/ Finding the right tractor.
I seen several post on the internet and from people that own them, that the cooling fan for the hydraulics is place where it can get damaged.

/ Finding the right tractor.
The mowing will be 80 percent. I looked at the John Deere 1026R. Its plastic hood and fenders, also the new drive over auto hook up. I heard they are having problem with the mower hook up? Even if have are not what will it cost to keep this mower system working. Can't they just keep it simple?

/ Finding the right tractor. #13  
I looked underneath of my BX the other day because I was thinking of building a skid plate. It has a factory plate to protect the fan and the hydro filter is pretty high up. If you aren't running over logs or boulders you should be fine. I have heard Mr. Messick say that someone told if the auto connect deck is not in alignment you can crack the trans housing on the 1026r JD.

/ Finding the right tractor. #14  
I think you can find fault with any of the present offerings if you look hard enough. I would also say that every model mentioned so far is good equipment too. I really think you have to sort through the various offerings and try to pick the model that best suits your own needs the best. You mentioned the plastic fenders well I wouldn't jump to conclusions here either, I suspect they cost more than the steel ones. Nothing cheaper about the plastic parts that I can see.

I would recommend that if mowing is 80% of the new tractors use then get a dedicated mower and keep your Ford tractor.

Last edited:
   / Finding the right tractor. #15  
What Steve said is right. And if you don't like the autoconnect, consider the X700 series and keep the ford. But, the Mahindra my be the "best" compromise.

/ Finding the right tractor. #16  
Don,

I "think" you are just a hop, skip and a jump away from
Lashley Tractor Sales I believe
they have 3 brick and mortor buildings not far from you.
I believe them to be the oldest Kubota Dealer in that
region of the USofA. You might give them a call. They
are consistently cheaper then others on all things and
they have free shipping on stuff (less wholegoods) if you
spend more than $50.00

Kubota products are hard to beat. I was in your shoes
a little over a year ago. The resale value is what finally
pushed me over the edge to choose the Kubota product
and I am glad I did.

The pricing structure and policies at Lashley tractor keep me
going back to them for my needs.

CLICK HERE to email them and be sure to tell Tracy I sent you!

/ Finding the right tractor. #17  
Been looking for a new tractor for a mouth. I have looked at the John Deere 1026R,Kubota BX 2360, Massey GC2600 and the Mahindra Max 25. I have read about problems with the John Deere hood, knobs and deck. Kabota's hydrolic's. Massey is a known name, and I like the tractor got a good deal. I have also got a good deal from the Mahindra dealer. Is the Mahindra just as good if not better than the other brands? Do they have problems?
I guess the real question is finding the right dealer who will back up your warrenty work or problems after the sale.coobie

/ Finding the right tractor. #18  
I bought the BX to replace my Cub Cadet, it was the best move I ever made. It mows better and it goes up and down the hills better (in 2WD) than what my old mower did. It will go anywhere in 4WD. I am amazed at what you can do with a SCUT. I have used it about half as a mower and half as a tractor.

/ Finding the right tractor. #19  
Just went through the same decison process before deciding on the BX25 just last week. The key things I researched and considered were:
1. Local service/dealer - Buying it was easy however ensuring I can get the parts and service to keep it going for years was even more important.
2. Availability of Accessories - I will be needing a mower, snowblower, boxscraper, bucket hooks, backhoe dolly, and many other items.
3. Resale value - although I don't intend to sell the tractor, it is nice knowing that I can recover some of my investment if I decide to upgrade.
4. Reputation for reliability. There is lots of information available on the web from people who have these machines.
5. Overall quality of the tractor in terms of its design, ease of use and how it is built. I brought someone with me to also get a second opinion before I purchased.
6. Price discounts were important however this would not be as important as other factors I have listed.
7. Best Fit - Understanding my needs and matching tractor size to meet or exceed what I wanted to accomplish with the machine.

These items are not in order of importance and after considering all factors I chose a 2012 BX25. You could argue that another machine has a better seat or perhaps more lifting capacity however with all things considered I felt the BX25 was right for me. You may very well decide on another machine and I wish you luck whatever machine you choose.

/ Finding the right tractor. #20  
To the op if you are sure the BX fan will give you problem buy a small b series kubota you should buy one size bigger they what you want been there done that