firewood pallets

/ firewood pallets #21  
Any shipper that has a Chep account would want those pallets. They have a $20 each value. Just about all companies that distribute any consumer goods at all deal with Chep.
If you can't find a Food Warehouse to buy them from you, they are built to last a long-long time. I wish that I had some to use for my firewood pallets. I use 40X40 smaller pallets for mine just as pictured here. I tried the 40/48 hardwood pallets like these, but my tractor was pushed to lift it and I was using mostly 1' boards for framing & it wouldn't hold up to all that wood.
Anyhow, this design is easy & does a great job... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ firewood pallets #22  
Bob, sounds like you are doing good trading them off. Government don't like bartering because they can't tax you. I have heard where they are finding out about it and then charging a tax on what they think the barter was worth.
Any way I see this was posted 10 years ago but if you are still on this forum or someone else reads it. You can sell it for fire wood and make a few dollars and get rid of them at the same time. Win,win. I was paying $5.00 a pick up full. At first they were busting them up but then they saw that they were selling they stopped busting them.
Still the guys at the where house would build up the sides of my truck with pallets then stack them 7 or 8 feet high.
Good for them ,good for me.

/ firewood pallets #23  
Seen this idea on here 3 pallets nails together and a threaded rod to hold the top together
HPIM3467.JPG HPIM3468.JPG HPIM3619.JPG

/ firewood pallets #25  
Rasorback-- Thanks for the idea. I like the way the will hold fire wood better than my fire wood rack out of 2 x 4.
Plus I have an old pick up camper shell that would cover it real nice.
Thanks

/ firewood pallets #26  
Rasorback-- Thanks for the idea. I like the way the will hold fire wood better than my fire wood rack out of 2 x 4.
Plus I have an old pick up camper shell that would cover it real nice.
Thanks
I use 4 4-5" nails to hold the side pallets to the bottom . One in each corner Thanks .Helping others is what this site is all about.

/ firewood pallets #27  
I made a 4x4x5 box out of scrap angle and some 4x4 for the skids on the bottom then added 3/4 inch plywood sides. it holds a little over a half cord. I use this to bring wood into my garage. I store wood in a shed then load up and put box in garage. Then the kids bring loads in with a plastic bin,

IMG_0675_2.jpg

/ firewood pallets #28  
I just got a bunch of those blue skids from a trucker buddy. They are extremely well made. I heat only with wood. I take the skids into my bush ,do the cutting splitting and stacking in the woods. Then I wrap the entire skid and wood with shrink wrap. I have my tractor with a set of forks on the back (3 pt hitch) and also on the front end loader. I end bringing 2 full skids per load. I then stack them under an awning with south exposure. After a year or so the wood is dried because the plastic keeps it that way as well as still in a movable skid. I then bring in the skid into the shop where it goes on a conveyor I have ( only in the winter) it sits outside in the summer so I have use of the shop. I can store 4 skids of seasoned firewood inside. As I use up the wood I take the skid and carry it out to the pile to reuse this summer. The other skids of wood roll forward to be used next. This way I only have to carry empty skids by hand and my tractor does all the lifting. As well I really only handle the wood 2 times, original stacking in bush and unloading right into the firebox. I know there are lots of different ideas out there, but I want to handle the wood as little as possible and use only well seasoned wood. The blue skids can be used over and over and the best part is they were free.