First time buyer questions

/ First time buyer questions #11  
For the construction applications you foresee consider a Skid Steer prior to a tractor. Rear-engine Skid Steers are much more stable lifting loads than rear-engine tractors, therefore Skid Steers are fitted with more capable Loaders for machines of the same weight.

I disagree there. My Kubota M5040 is rated to lift 2600 pounds for a 5000# tractor. My JD325 skid steer (8300#) is rated at 1500# lift, 2600# tipping capacity.
With the longer, wider wheelbase, the tractor is more stable.

Furthermore, the tractor has better traction in mud and snow with R1 tires than the skid steer has with standard R4 tires or with steel OTT tracks. More aggressive tracks would help but would tear up the ground a lot more.

I do agree that a skid steer is better for clearing ground.

Ken

/ First time buyer questions #12  
Backhoes are the most versatile construction machinery out there. They're pretty strong and can Dig as well as transport material on a variety of terrains if you get good at driving the thing. And those rubber tires are cheap compared to any track options and they can be driven distances.

/ First time buyer questions #13  
Backhoes are the most versatile construction machinery out there. They're pretty strong and can Dig as well as transport material on a variety of terrains if you get good at driving the thing. And those rubber tires are cheap compared to any track options and they can be driven distances.

YUP!
Absolutely TRUE!
The construction machinery.... Swiss army knife!