First tractor is on it's way

/ First tractor is on it's way
What did you get as pallet forks? Do u have a web link?

Here is the link to the pallet forks.

The dealer only sells 48" and he tried to talk me into them. He said they were heavy duty. I asked him what good would a set of forks do that can lift/hold 2500# when the tractor can only lift 1100# to full height. He agreed. :D I bought the above and had them delivered to the dealer who brought them along with the tractor. Free shipping to a business address.

They have already been used to pop up some curbing, carry branch piles, large debris to dumpster. When I got home from work, my girlfriend was driving it around with a large wall unit on them taking it to the dumpster and smiling the whole way.

... Did you get it dirty yet!

We already have about 12 hours on it and filled one 30 yard dumpster from the property cleanup. We are amazed at how long that would have taken us the old manual way. We are not getting any younger and this is a big help in working smarter, not harder.

/ First tractor is on it's way #23  
Congrats on the new tractor. Be sure you have some sort of ballast on the 3 point hitch when you are using the loader, whether its the forks or the bucket.

Congrats on the new tractor. Be sure you have some sort of ballast on the 3 point hitch when you are using the loader, whether its the forks or the bucket.

Thanks. That is one bit of advice I have heard loud and clear from people here. I am picking up a 35 or 40 gallon barrel this weekend and will do the drawbar, top link, receiver, concrete route. Seven or eight 80# bags should fit in a barrel that size. Plus sleeves for tools and some room at the top for chains, etc.

/ First tractor is on it's way #25  
Thanks. That is one bit of advice I have heard loud and clear from people here. I am picking up a 35 or 40 gallon barrel this weekend and will do the drawbar, top link, receiver, concrete route. Seven or eight 80# bags should fit in a barrel that size. Plus sleeves for tools and some room at the top for chains, etc.

That should work good. Your owners manual may tell you how ballast to have when using the fel.

/ First tractor is on it's way #26  
tkappeler said:
Here is the link to the pallet forks.

The dealer only sells 48" and he tried to talk me into them. He said they were heavy duty. I asked him what good would a set of forks do that can lift/hold 2500# when the tractor can only lift 1100# to full height. He agreed. :D I bought the above and had them delivered to the dealer who brought them along with the tractor. Free shipping to a business address.

They have already been used to pop up some curbing, carry branch piles, large debris to dumpster. When I got home from work, my girlfriend was driving it around with a large wall unit on them taking it to the dumpster and smiling the whole way.

Looks like a great choice. Mine are heavier and heavier duty than I need, too. But since I can use them on the 3pt or loader, I'm happy with them. I always have the option to pretend I'm John Thomas (Kubota threads) for a day, and trade them for a lighter duty pair... :)