First welding project ever (waterer for livestock)

/ First welding project ever (waterer for livestock) #11  
The one thing that sucks is all I have to work with is a ton of square tubing and no angle iron (have to be very creative on my inventions)

Nothing wrong with the metal, I wish I had a big supply of it. You can make it work easily enough. You're almost there. :)

/ First welding project ever (waterer for livestock) #12  
Thanks guys, here is more pics to show the different details. The one thing that sucks is all I have to work with is a ton of square tubing and no angle iron (have to be very creative on my inventions)

Im not an expert at this either, but i think you need to connect the 2 sides at the bottom to prevent it from colapsing....i took the liberty of messing with one of your pics.

Attachments

• image-663662019.jpg
    image-663662019.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 244
   / First welding project ever (waterer for livestock)
grsthegreat said:
Im not an expert at this either, but i think you need to connect the 2 sides at the bottom to prevent it from colapsing....i took the liberty of messing with one of your pics.

I've thought about that initially, I might add it to the support shown above unless you guys think it would be overkill.

/ First welding project ever (waterer for livestock) #14  
I don't think it would be overkill, considering what water weighs, plus the fact that it is so dynamic (moves alot).

Remember what I said about making it cube or box shaped, plus the diagonals, you will be all set.

Put some better pics of the connection to the larger box member if you want some more critique.

JB