Fishing with a Hand Grenade

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #11  
U too Boone!

I used to think I was open minded but that would be one mateing I wouldnt want to be a part of.:shocked:

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #12  
My father spoke of doing that in France during World War Two. However, they tossed the grenades from shore and collected the stunned fish for dinner without harming themselves. Regards, Mike

Same here, my dad did that too.

Ken

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #13  
Hi all

It's just irresponsible hooliganism and it should be illegal. No one should fish that way. It just kills everything within a certain radius and bottom dwelling animals too. Imagine how few fish there would be if everybody used this method when they wanted a couple of fish for dinner.

Mike

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #14  
Hi all

It's just irresponsible hooliganism and it should be illegal. No one should fish that way. It just kills everything within a certain radius and bottom dwelling animals too. Imagine how few fish there would be if everybody used this method when they wanted a couple of fish for dinner.

Mike

Mike, it is illegal to fish with a hand grenade or explosives in all 50 states. And possession of a live hand grenade or even dynamite is very difficult. It is a joke Mike. People years ago have used dynamite to stun fish, but it was illegal even then. I am not saying it was or even is not done, but it is certainly not an accepted practice in our country. What soldiers do in wartime to feed themselves is not Germain to what ordinary citizens do to catch fish:) Now as for Russian occupiers in eastern Europe, well that is a different kettle of fish.:)

James K0UA

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #15  
James...do you mean I cant use dupont spinners to catch fish?? Gonna have to find another way to make a living:laughing:

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #16  
Grenades depending on type and who made them generally have a delay of 4 to 6 seconds. The guy is trying to cook off the grenade by holding it for a few seconds before dropping it inorder to get it to go off at a shallower depth.

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #17  
Why use grenades when telephoning is a lot less dangerous and doesn't make all that noise?:D

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #18  
Grenades depending on type and who made them generally have a delay of 4 to 6 seconds. The guy is trying to cook off the grenade by holding it for a few seconds before dropping it inorder to get it to go off at a shallower depth.

Thank you Jim. I guess he miscalculated, go figure. :laughing:

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #19  
Thank you Jim. I guess he miscalculated, go figure. :laughing:

I guess he did! Another second and he would have transformed himself from fisherman to fishbait!

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #20  
It's likely he died anyway. It depends on if the boat caught enough shrapnel to protect him, and what kind of grenade it was, but the kill radius of an antipersonnel grenade is about 10'. If it was a police flashbang, he just got messed up but probably survived if he was conscious enough to swim when the concussion threw him out of the boat.