Fishing with a Hand Grenade

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #21  
Internet says it's a movie stunt. In the original video you can hear the director say action.

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #22  
Internet says it's a movie stunt. In the original video you can hear the director say action.

'Expendables 2' Stuntman Death Prompts Family Lawsuit - Hollywood Reporter

The defendants "recklessly organized, planned, set up, produced, directed, trained, coordinated and otherwise prepared for and implemented the stunt which involved the use of explosives and other similar ultra-hazardous activities in the rubber boat so as to cause an explosion, thereby injuring [Liu] and causing his death," the lawsuit alleges.

The stunt took place on the Ognyanovo Reservoir/Dam in the town of Elin Pelin, according to the suit.

===================================

BBC News - Expendables 2 stuntman dies on set

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #23  
Mike, it is illegal to fish with a hand grenade or explosives in all 50 states. And possession of a live hand grenade or even dynamite is very difficult. It is a joke Mike. People years ago have used dynamite to stun fish, but it was illegal even then. I am not saying it was or even is not done, but it is certainly not an accepted practice in our country. What soldiers do in wartime to feed themselves is not Germain to what ordinary citizens do to catch fish:) Now as for Russian occupiers in eastern Europe, well that is a different kettle of fish.:)

James K0UA

I sense some "wordsmithing" going on here! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #25  
Hi James (fellow Kioti owner too)

> Mike, it is illegal to fish with a hand grenade or explosives in all 50 states. ...etc...
> It is a joke Mike.

I had missed that it was a Joke :) Such fishing still goes on in Indonesia! Nice to know all 50 US States have it banned. I had presumed California would have banned it - wasn't sure about some other states :)

Best wishes
Mike

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #26  
Hi James (fellow Kioti owner too)

> Mike, it is illegal to fish with a hand grenade or explosives in all 50 states. ...etc...
> It is a joke Mike.

I had missed that it was a Joke :) Such fishing still goes on in Indonesia! Nice to know all 50 US States have it banned. I had presumed California would have banned it - wasn't sure about some other states :)

Best wishes
Mike

I tried to find a link but failed. :(

about 16 years ago the deputy fire chief from a nearby town tried this with a bomb made from a toilet tissue
roll filled with black powder. He lost a few fingers... also the right to hunt and fish in this state for a few years. (Probably his job also... )

/ Fishing with a Hand Grenade #27  
I tried to find a link but failed. :(

about 16 years ago the deputy fire chief from a nearby town tried this with a bomb made from a toilet tissue
roll filled with black powder. He lost a few fingers... also the right to hunt and fish in this state for a few years. (Probably his job also... )

Well no doubt people have done it. But people have done all sorts of things. Yes the state conservation department and law enforcement will take a very dim view of this sort of activity.

James K0UA