Flail mower question

/ Flail mower question #11  
Bush hog, rotary cutter. I've got a Kubota B7800 that I first used to tame some Reed Canary grass, grass that I'd measured stalks at 10 1/5' (yes, TEN and a Half FEET). Very slow going, but one can get the job done if patient. Once somewhat under control one can then use other cutters to maintain: I still rely on my rotary cutters (5' and 6') to do my mowing as I continue to do brush clearing work- one day hope to switch to using flails (for at least one of my tractors). A 4' cutter is about all you're going to be able to run on that tractor; back in to the grass/brush (if only grass then one can go forward over it: no potential harm to tractor).

DieselBound, you would have to see it personally, the vegetation there is not anything like that grows in the US. The area is a growing machine, year round.

/ Flail mower question
It's going to be tough going at first (I spent some time there years ago, more so in SEA, Vietnam) . . . bulldozer at first, if you want to get it cleared fast . . . and then maintaining with your tractor. How many acres are we talking about? You're in the highlands then . . . things grow like some kind of aliens there . . . :eek:
About 2.5 he and only half could be used into flat space or some tractor accessible terraces (our land half hill, half top of the hill) To cut this grass with trimmer I use circular saw type blade.
At first I was pissed off at local farmers who use chemicals to kill weeds , but than I realized by my-self there is never enough manpower to maintain sides of the roads to fight off this green monsters.
But it's trade off. Have a view and fresh air and also temperature up there 4-6 degrees celsius lower than down below on flatland toward ocean.
Bulldozing will be fastest and easiest way. But,,,, who wants to be easier?? :laughing:

Attachments

• Top spot (First).jpg
    Top spot (First).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 94
   / Flail mower question #13  
About 2.5 he and only half could be used into flat space or some tractor accessible terraces (our land half hill, half top of the hill) To cut this grass with trimmer I use circular saw type blade.
At first I was pissed off at local farmers who use chemicals to kill weeds , but than I realized by my-self there is never enough manpower to maintain sides of the roads to fight off this green monsters.
But it's trade off. Have a view and fresh air and also temperature up there 4-6 degrees celsius lower than down below on flatland toward ocean.
Bulldozing will be fastest and easiest way. But,,,, who wants to be easier?? :laughing:

Are you saying hectare/ha? . . . if so, that would be what, around >6 acres, nice looking dirt by the way and view. You can grow anything.

/ Flail mower question #14  
The flail mower you pictured looks interesting. Same gearbox as the Titan flail, and same side shaft. Possibly the same roller, but a better location of the roller grease fitting. The housing looks better made than the Titan, and much stronger looking 3-point top link mounts.

Nice view!

/ Flail mower question #15  
Any chance you could rent a forestry mulcher somewhere for the first time through?? I don't know whats available over in your part of the world.
Oh, and Hello from South Carolina USA!

/ Flail mower question #16  
Virgin Islands here in the NE Caribbean Sea. Guinea Grass is the local demon in the Islands (and elsewhere). When cut and it sees rain, growth rates exceed 3" per day. Leave it alone for a month and it's five feet tall. I run a 37 hp tractor with a 60 rotary cutter which will knock it down no problem. My location is also mountainous so the risks aren't with cutting, the risks are with tumbling off a slope.