Floor mats

/ Floor mats #1  

lakeside

Silver Member
Tractor
B26, G11000 generator and a G1800
I was just reading in another post about the cost of floor mats and how some think they are getting hosed on the price of mats.

I bought a used B26 that didn't have mats on either side of transmission hump. No great problems says I until the snow started flying and the bare metal floor became very slippery. After one too many slips I started looking at a cheaper solution than buying mats that would likely only last a season or two anyway.

I finally bought some coated tape (at Princess Auto) similar to duct tape but thicker and with large granules of grit on the top. I cleaned the steel really well and installed the tape inside my garage so the metal would be warm. This is my third winter and the tape is holding up very well. I also thought about painting the surfaces and adding special anti-slip grit you can buy at Home Depot and others. The tape is holding up well enough I may not have to go with the paint and grit.

/ Floor mats #2  
Some people are painting/coating their surfaces with the cans of bed liner sold at auto parts stores. They have spray cans and brush on cans. Warning, Don't get the stuff on you because it won't wash off, has to wear off. My wife coated a flat deck roof with it and learned the hard way. She was not a happy camper when I got home.:)

/ Floor mats #3  
I was just reading in another post about the cost of floor mats and how some think they are getting hosed on the price of mats.
If you are referring to this post,
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/226478-ridiculous-no-alternators-us-16.html#post2611675
it was written COMPLETELY tongue-in-cheek! Notice the SEVEN smileys at the end. I even followed up on the same page in that thread when someone else took the $87 pricetag to heart.

Wrooster

/ Floor mats #4  
I bought a rubber stall mat at Tractor Supply along with some nuts, washers and bolts. You can cut the mat to size with a razor knife, poke/drill some holes in the rubber to match up with the holes in the plating. Bolt it down - all set. Total price was about $30 for a much heavier mat then what Kubota offers.

HP

/ Floor mats #5  
I bought a rubber stall mat at Tractor Supply along with some nuts, washers and bolts. You can cut the mat to size with a razor knife, poke/drill some holes in the rubber to match up with the holes in the plating. Bolt it down - all set. Total price was about $30 for a much heavier mat then what Kubota offers.

HP

If the mat you bought is what I'm thinking of (I have one) its thick and HEAVY. About 5/8'' thick? I'd imagine it would make a good durable foot mat on a tractor.

/ Floor mats #6  
I did the DIY bedliner product on my 'bota and I really like the results and the non-slip in the winter getting on and off the tractor in the snow. As said don't get any on your hands as it is strictly a wear if off proposition. The Kubota paint on the floorboards was starting to show wear quickly after I started to use the tractor. But the bedliner material has been on now about 18 months and has really worn well.

James K0UA

/ Floor mats #7  
If the mat you bought is what I'm thinking of (I have one) its thick and HEAVY. About 5/8'' thick? I'd imagine it would make a good durable foot mat on a tractor.

Yup! That's the one. It should just about last the life of the tractor (which I hope is measured in decades;)) I have used them previously for other projects which required a heavy rubber mat. These work great!

HP

/ Floor mats #8  
I used ribbed black vinyl found at Lowes in the flooring department. It is used for runners. I purchased plastic trim fasteners at an auto parts store. I made a paper template and used a utility knife to cut the vinyl. The whole thing cost me about $15 and works great. Sure beats the $97 Kubota wanted!:cool2:

/ Floor mats #9  
I used a floor mat from Lowes. Huge improvement from the factory one.

image-4085416345.jpg

image-105417350.jpg

image-809602832.jpg