Ford 2000

/ Ford 2000 #1  

Yokurto

Tractor
JD 2010 high crop
A Ford 2000 came into my shop last week and I was surprised to see that it has a factory Torque Converter transmission. My NH dealer didn't believe either and I had to send a pic to prove it . Is this thing rare or have you Ford guys on here seen an Ag 2000 with a TC???

/ Ford 2000 #2  
New one on me. Would really like to see pics and videos of it operating!!!

/ Ford 2000 #3  
Selectospeed I suppose?

/ Ford 2000
It's not a select o speed . It has a forward/reverse lever on left side of steering wheel and no engine clutch, it is a TC transmission. I rebuilt injection pump and am waiting for injectors as soon as they get here I can attempt operating it ( it has not run in 20 years and the owner is not sure if there was a problem with it). I will post a couple pics of it, seems like a real low hour tractor

/ Ford 2000 #6  
How does the PTO operate? On some tractors with this type of transmission it only works when the machine is moving.

/ Ford 2000 #7  
PTO should be direct drive to the engine with an oil clutch in the rear axle area. Should be a lever on the side of the case, below the seat, probably on the left side. Slow movement of the lever will softly engage. Known as Independent PTO.

/ Ford 2000 #8  
How does the PTO operate? On some tractors with this type of transmission it only works when the machine is moving.

The older Fords didn't have "live" PTO. They would function without tractor movement if the trans was in neutral. If the PTO was running and trans in neutral and you wanted machine movement you had to stop the PTO, then put trans in gear, then let clutch out to start both at same time. Not user friendly at all.

OP has stated there's no engine clutch. So his will be "Independent" as I described above.

/ Ford 2000
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

/ Ford 2000
No PTO on this unit. The data plate is in excellent condition and the model # is B1011F which indicates an Ag model no PTO and TC trans. Like I said in original post seems to be a rare beast.