Ford 2000

/ Ford 2000 #11  
Extremely rare. Surprised no PTO. To be of broad range use in the AG world it would benefit from PTO.

Thank you very much for the pics. Keep this thread updated with this project. Lots of Ford guys on here that are gonna enjoy seeing this run!!!!

/ Ford 2000
20190510_070828_resized (2).jpg20190510_070858_resized.jpg

So the injectors showed up yesterday and the engine fired up pretty easily and sounded great. the hour meter indicated 465 hours and judging from what I have seen on the tractor I believed that yet I wanted to see if the tach and dash was working. after it started it was obvious that it was all working correctly and this unit only has 465 hours.
I need some help understanding what the purpose of the lever (in the pic)is. the lift will not operate if the lever is not held down, as soon as pressure is released from the lever the lift drops regardless of control lever position. does the the lever have a detent and is supposed to be down to operate the lift? what is the purpose of the lever? thanks for the help.

/ Ford 2000 #13  
That lever is for draft control, might be a bad spring if you have to hold it for the hydraulics to work. The transmission set up seems like what you would find on an older (or modern) Ford backhoe, with a forward/reverse lever and a gear shifter.

/ Ford 2000 #14  
3 remotes on that size tractor is rare. Does it show signs of a FEL in the past. I did see a 5000 Ford of that era with the shift level on the left side of the steering wheel but I think it was an 8 speed transmission. In that era there was some testing of hydraulic driven implements to get past the dangers of the PTO shaft. The shuttle feature and no PTO makes it sound like a backhoe tractor.

/ Ford 2000
The tractor has never had a FEL. The drawbar looks as if there has never been anything on it and no elongation from a pin in the hole. The 3 remotes support a Gannon box scrapper tilt, right side arm length and rippers. I ran it today for about an hour and what a blast to operate. The lever , as I found out, needs to flip up and then the lift operates as it should. Got a few more things to fix and then it goes back to the owner and I'm gonna miss this thing

/ Ford 2000 #16  
OK that adds up. It must to have started out as a one purpose tractor many years ago.

/ Ford 2000 #17  
As mentioned above, that lever converts the ept from normal ops to draft control ops. If in the lower pos, which is draft control, the 3pt will drop as soon as the 3pt lever is lower than the most up position. With the draft lever in the up position the 3pt lever will control the 3pt arms in the normal "position control" function.

/ Ford 2000
Thanx guys, understand the draft control lever now. and all the fluids have been replaced. Changed the thermostat and hoses, fluid and filters are done. Used it to grade off some weeds and I really like this thing, having the TC trans is great in tight places. Unfortunately ( or maybe fortunately) the owner has told me that he really doesn't need it and is planning on selling it. I looked at a few different websites to get some comparisons for a price but this is pretty unique and prices were all over the board.