Ford 3600 gas adding in-line fuel filter

/ Ford 3600 gas adding in-line fuel filter
I forgot to ask. Where do you guys order parts from? You must have some places I haven't heard of. The New Holland dealer around here is like hiring a lawyer.

/ Ford 3600 gas adding in-line fuel filter #12  
I'm a parts manager at a New Holland dealership. I sell parts from New Holland and every major aftermarket supplier and some minor ones. I stock the fuel pump in discussion here that is offered by Atlantic.

RickB, does Atlantic have an online presence? Ultradog mentioned a $40 price range. That doesn't sound too painful, but I guarantee our local New Holland dealer would be much more than that.

Don't forget, the firing order is casted into the intake 1-2-3. #1 is at the front of the engine and it goes to #1 on the distributor. Counter clockwise to #2 from there.

Thanks for that. I'm waiting on the fuel pump from Yesterday's Tractor. I've never set timing before. From the deep recesses I remember something about a strobe and a mark on a flywheel. Have you done it for this model before by any chance? Sounds like you're the proud owner of a gas 3600.

/ Ford 3600 gas adding in-line fuel filter #17  
You should get a manual for your tractor.
You want an I&T FO-41 manual.
Also available from Yesterdays Tractors or any place like Fleet Farm, Tractor Supply, etc.
The distributer on those are both vacuum and mechanical advance and there is a specific procedure for timing one. The timing marks are on the flywheel. There is a little cover held in place by one screw on the block plate below the starter.

You should get a manual for your tractor.
You want an I&T FO-41 manual.
Also available from Yesterdays Tractors or any place like Fleet Farm, Tractor Supply, etc.
The distributer on those are both vacuum and mechanical advance and there is a specific procedure for timing one. The timing marks are on the flywheel. There is a little cover held in place by one screw on the block plate below the starter.

Thanks. For the advise and information. I've got to call Yesterday's Tractors. That fuel pump should be here by now.

When I put the new fuel pump on should I use a gasket cement?

With the help of a friend's father who is a retired mechanic I was able to determine that my coil is shot. He is advising that a high energy 12 volt coil of close to the same form factor (can use the same bracket) should work fine - better than the original. I should be able to walk into NAPA and pick up something that will work well. Any words of wisdom or experience to give here?

Many thanks,

Chris in Richmond, VA.