Ford 4000 3 PT won't move

/ Ford 4000 3 PT won't move #21  
PAB_OH said:
Thanks for the schematics. I'll look them over tonight.

New Philly you say. I'm over that way a bit, now and then.

Been many years but watch out for the Red Dog Saloon.

NV

/ Ford 4000 3 PT won't move #22  
My guess would be a pressure problem. Here is what I would do; first, determine if the loader is being powered by the tractor's hydraulic lift pump. If it is a 3 cyl. 4000 tractor, the pump will be located on the RH side and it bolts into the rear end housing right beside the foot plate. If the loader is being pulled off that pump, there will be lines runing from the liftcap, just under the seat to the loader. There will likely be a return line coming back from the loader and dumping the fluid back into the housing through the plug on top of the rear end. The only other way to power the loader will be a pump mounted on the LH side of the engine block (just below the fuel tank, or a front mounted pump that mounts to the tractor in front of the radiator. If the loader is being powered by either of the two latter methods, the instructions that I am about to give you do not apply. If you determine that the loader is running of the hydraulic lift pump, disconnect one of the lines that comes from the loader valve that goes to one of the loader cylinders, at the loader cylinder. Get you a oil filled pressure guage (at least a 3000 PSI, these are avaliable at Norhtern Tool and equipment) and connect it to the loose end of the line that you just disconnected from the loader cylinder. Start the tractor. Work both loader valves untill you figure out which one the guage is connected to. When the valve that is connected to the guage is open, the guage should read something like 2500 PSI with the engine running around 1500 RPMS. If it does not, you have a pressure problem. If it is a pressure issue, there are about a dozen things that can be wrong ranging all the way from a bad o-ring or a clogged inlet filter, to burnt hydraulic fliud, to a worn out pump. Email me if you have any questions. I hope this helps.