Ford 5000 endless trouble

/ Ford 5000 endless trouble
   / Ford 5000 endless trouble
Oh yeah, anybody know where I might get some wheele clamps too?

/ Ford 5000 endless trouble #14  
Heres one on Ebay, do you think it would be right, I don't really know a good starter from a bad one?

eBay Motors: New Starter Ford Diesel Tractor 2000 3000 4000 5000 (item 380060462268 end time Sep-08-08 13:33:49 PDT)

After I get it through this starter business, I'll adress the fuel cutting out. When I drained the tank before and took off the pitcock, it was clogged, and I've gone through 4 fuel filters in a month. So I'm hoping there isn't a real problem with compression.

yep!!! just remember that old saying----cause it looks right on the out side does not mean the quality is on the inside(where you can't see)----just like the car business there are 1 year warranty electrical products and life time warranty products with labor reimbursement for failures--there is a difference!!! but whats a $100 experiment---probably waste that much money running back and forth to a "Local" Dealership!!!

/ Ford 5000 endless trouble #15  
I'm surprise that no one said to check the connections. Some one I know personnaly just bought a new battery and found the ground wire was loose. 17 seconds with a wrench and Vrrooom! And a new battery on the bench...

(Yeah, it was me)

jb

Jimmy covered that in post #3.

soundguy

/ Ford 5000 endless trouble #16  
And a new battery on the bench...

It never hurts to have a spare battery around if one has numerous pieces of equipment requiring batteries.:D:D

/ Ford 5000 endless trouble #18  
It's such a new thread I thought ya might have read it from the top! ;)

soundguy

/ Ford 5000 endless trouble #19  
you fried the starter----got it too hot trying to start it when it ran out of fuel!!!

I have Fords and I never try to restart them with the starter after running out of fuel or changing fuel filters. I always pull them off in high gear with another tractor. It spins the engine faster than the starter and will purge the system of air much faster. I don't even try to bleed the air. Of course we shut 'er down as soon as we suspect she's running out of fuel, and we don't try to restart until we get more fuel because that just makes it worse.

/ Ford 5000 endless trouble #20  
Usually when I feel a tractor starving down.. I try to go ahead and kill then to prevent that bleeding procedure.. or the pull-off.

soundguy