Ford 600 Clutch Replacement

/ Ford 600 Clutch Replacement #31  
flywheel has timing marks...

/ Ford 600 Clutch Replacement #32  
I have a 56 ford 600 need to replace clutch, aint never done this before got est. close to 500.00 for parts an labor I wish I could to my self but afaid I want do something right. any info will help

/ Ford 600 Clutch Replacement #33  
I just did the same job. Not a problem. Did mine in the middle of a cow pasture with wood blocks and plywood for a work surface. Remove sheet metal,drain fluid ,separate all linkages ( throttle,choke, steering arms, etc.) and wiring. Chock front and rear parts of tractor snug. With wooden wedges, chock the front axle on both sides against the frame to keep the front end tilting at the axle pin. I used a floor jack under the front of tractor and pulled it apart with a four-wheeler. You must be able to have movement up and down and side to side to stab the transmission. Remember when going back that everything needs to be plumb,level and square for the shaft and the flywheel to mesh. If you remove the flywheel mark it at the bolts because one bolt hole is a few degrees off and can only go back one way.Found that out the hard way. Removing the pressure plate and clutch is purty much self explanatory. You'll have to remove the clutch plate and measure it before you order, it can be either be a 9" or 10" plate. Order a pilot bearing,throwout bearing and a clutch plate. If yoour pressure plate is bad you'll have to get one of those as well. And a must have is the clutch alignment tool. Go back in reverse. My opinion....Not that hard; did it by myself, a fourwheeler, tools, and a small amount of skin on the knuckles and the use of various cuss words. I say DO IT!! If you need any help; get on this forum and I or someone else will talk you through it. This outfit had all the parts I needed. Ford tractor parts for restoration of Ford tractors Clutch parts Ford tractor 601, 611, 621, 631, 641, 651, 661, 671, 681

/ Ford 600 Clutch Replacement #34  
I just did one on my 640 with a loader on it. I stuck in a good clutch I had laying around from an 8n. It ain't that hard of a job.
Kirk
100_2435.jpg

/ Ford 600 Clutch Replacement #35  
thed 640 and 650 will be cheaper and more or less same work.

do the tob and PB as well as input shaft seal.

cheap insurance.