Ford 6L Attorney/lawsuit on you tube

/ Ford 6L Attorney/lawsuit on you tube #21  
Oh believe me, I have. No aftermarket tanks available for newer than 2001 model I believe was the newest year I found. I will not buy a junkyard tank over the web because I've been burned too many times buying parts that way without pre-inspection. Not on something as important as the fuel tank on a van used in business to haul kids.

car-part.com

/ Ford 6L Attorney/lawsuit on you tube #22  
Heres a real eye opener on the 6L Ford. I wonder if he has class action participation? I really feel bad for Ford and the 6L owners.
ford diesel lawsuit - YouTube
Well, problems I see:
1. The website linked from the description does not exist (the domain is for sale if you want to buy it)
2. He claims that since Ford got a chunk of money from Navistar that you as a consumer are entitled to a piece (IIRC, that was to pay for Navistar's share of the warranty claims that Ford had paid out and Navistar hadn't paid)
3. That lawfirm's website lists nothing about this suit

All of those make me think that they aren't doing the lawsuit anymore

Aaron Z

/ Ford 6L Attorney/lawsuit on you tube #23  
My point was to shed some light on the rest of the picture that you were ignoring while you were tooting Toyota's horn in this Ford thread. Then you try to turn around and call me out for talking about Toyota in this thread? HAHA oh the irony. They didn't pay him a dime over book value on his truck. He could have got the same amount of money on the private market.

I did not "call you out" for "talking about Toyota". I made the point that you started a rant on the inflationary cost of .."$30,000 entry level trucks and ...$60-70,000 work trucks". My point was Ford spends a lot of money avoiding the issue with a large customer service organization that IN MY OPINION is schooled in saying .."Sorry -not covered". Toyota on the other hand, and specifically in the case of the Tacoma frame issue, met the problem head on. And if you think a plain jane, 4 cyl manual transmission 10 year old Tacoma that was never taken care of (owner a furniture maker but a guy who views vehicles as a necessary evil) had a retail value of $12,000, good luck to you.

PS Hope you find your fuel tank. And just for kicks, I'll be making a call tomorrow. That IS bulls--t if that is no longer a current part.

Oh another point on the 60-70 grand pick up. I can buy a new 26,000 lb gvw F-650 tomorrow for the same money. It will not however have leather seats, GPS, adjustable power mirrors, seats etc. That is a work truck. I would also bet I can buy a Ford, Dodge or GM 3/4 ton 4 x 4 "work truck" with a gas engine for a lot less than 70 grand. Lariat Power Stroke? Ram Cummins with heated seats Corinthian leather steering wheel? No- you are probably right-60 grand-wouldn't call either one of those a "work truck" though. I've bought my share of those-(work trucks) 20 at a time!

/ Ford 6L Attorney/lawsuit on you tube #24  
There for a few years Toyota had the lowest amount recalls. They would send a free oil change coupon to people. They would go get the free oil change and they would find "something" wrong with the vehicle then go tell the customer we found something wrong and we will fix it for free instead of having a recall.

/ Ford 6L Attorney/lawsuit on you tube #25  
PS Hope you find your fuel tank. And just for kicks, I'll be making a call tomorrow. That IS bulls--t if that is no longer a current part.
Part number looks to be 8C2Z9002A (which superseded 7C2Z9002E) but I dont see anything on various sites saying that the newer number is NLA. I would probbaly call Tasca as they have it listed ( Ford Parts - TascaParts.com ) and they are pretty good with oddball Volvo parts.

Aaron Z

/ Ford 6L Attorney/lawsuit on you tube #26  
Part number looks to be 8C2Z9002A (which superseded 7C2Z9002E) but I dont see anything on various sites saying that the newer number is NLA. I would probbaly call Tasca as they have it listed ( Ford Parts - TascaParts.com ) and they are pretty good with oddball Volvo parts.

Aaron Z

Ah -Tasca Ford! Take me back to their drag racing days with their 427 Galaxie- then the 427 Thunderbolts, then the 68 428 Cobra Jet Mustangs!

Thx for the part nos- hopefully we can get Plowboy's bloodpressure down-can't believe parts for an 08 would be NLA.:thumbsup:

/ Ford 6L Attorney/lawsuit on you tube #27  
   / Ford 6L Attorney/lawsuit on you tube #28  
Diamondpilot said:
Plus they did it without a bailout that will never be paid back like your beloved GM.

Chris
You still like to convienently forget about Ford's taxpayer handout which they HAVE NOT PAID BACK either!
Need that pie chart again?
ForumRunner_20130310_232023.png

What Ford did to stay alive (mortgaging and selling everything) is comparable to you putting your mother in a retirement home so you can sell and mortgage everything her and your family have worked hard to build. GM and Chrysler took loans that are getting paid back to us, some WITH INTEREST!

/ Ford 6L Attorney/lawsuit on you tube #29  
You still like to convienently forget about Ford's taxpayer handout which they HAVE NOT PAID BACK either!
And per the terms of the LOAN, payments are due to start in AUG 2013.

Aaron Z

/ Ford 6L Attorney/lawsuit on you tube #30  
You are wtong. The Canadian Government was repaid in full by GM. I could care less about the USA government.

Wrong you are. It was paid back by trading stock that no one would buy at $35 per

share. Its now worth about $28 per share at closing on Friday. Its not paid back till its worth $35 per share plus intrest and fees and somone in their right mind would buy it. Lol

If you want some you can have mine. Its about as smart as buying Facebook stock.

Either way Ford begged and stole the way out of the hole they dug. Difference is they did it by themselves.

I can care less what you buy. I buy what is the best for the buck I have and more importantly is what I want, not anyone else.

Chris