ford f150 ecoboost

/ ford f150 ecoboost #12  
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:I say.... NO WAY. That's the v6 right?
9000# with a v6 half ton.......not safely. You could pull it a short distance slowly.....as long as you don't have to stop it. ;)

You have no idea. Forget everything you know and start over. This EcoBoost is stronger then most V8 offering and is on par with the diesel motors of 12 years ago.

Chris

/ ford f150 ecoboost #13  
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:I say.... NO WAY. That's the v6 right?
9000# with a v6 half ton.......not safely. You could pull it a short distance slowly.....as long as you don't have to stop it. ;)

laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:I say.... YOU MUST LIVE UNDER A ROCK.

/ ford f150 ecoboost #14  
i was wondering if a ford ecoboost has the power and torque to pull a 30 foot fifthwheel camper with a boat or a 22 foot trailer with a ford 3000

A fifth wheel and a boat at the same time, no. All you have to do is look at the total weighs and total pin weight and make sure it is within the payload and towing specs. The 5th wheel will require the HD payload package.

/ ford f150 ecoboost #15  

The F150 with Max Tow and Heavy Duty payload package has the same diameter rotors as the F250 does. 350mm. Don't know if the calipers are similar in size, but there is a thousand pounds less to stop.

/ ford f150 ecoboost #16  
Have you ever had a little white Civic cut you off bad on the freeway as it hits the brakes hard to catch that offramp, while you were towing?

As much as I believe these newer 15xx series trucks are far superior to even 25xx trucks of 30 years ago, and I know that the trailer brakes are as critical component of the overall towing "package". I was really glad to be towing with a 25xx series truck that day.

I wonder how many here have actually had to make an emergency stop while towing?

laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:I say.... YOU MUST LIVE UNDER A ROCK.

/ ford f150 ecoboost #17  
I wonder how many here have actually had to make an emergency stop while towing?

I have more than once and was glad to be towing with my F250. Having said that I am impressed with everything I see and hear about the F150 Eco and will strongly consider it for my next truck. I am a Ford truck guy and will never change. Problem is my F250 is running strong and doesn't need to be replaced for another 100k mi. or so. Hhmmmm,,,,, maybe I'll buy an F150 Eco for my wife. ....

/ ford f150 ecoboost #18  
The truck will be able to handle it as long as you stay below the GCWR, GVWR and GAWR provide my the manufacturer when you are fully loaded.

You can get the current towing rating here
https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/rv_trailer_towing/2013/2013_default.asp

This biggest limiting factor is going to be the GVWR and GAWR of the F-150. Most new 5th wheel trailers have too much tongue weight for a half ton and even some 3/4 tons. This is why you don't see many towing 5th wheels. Most people use a 1 ton SRW or a dully in order to have enough payload capacity to safely and handle the hitch weight.

/ ford f150 ecoboost #19  
Have you ever had a little white Civic cut you off bad on the freeway as it hits the brakes hard to catch that offramp, while you were towing?

As much as I believe these newer 15xx series trucks are far superior to even 25xx trucks of 30 years ago, and I know that the trailer brakes are as critical component of the overall towing "package". I was really glad to be towing with a 25xx series truck that day.

I'm with you Robert. I'm sure the new 1/2 ton trucks have the power and maybe even the chassis. I have never been towing a load and wished for less truck, I have only been in situations where I was thankful for having enough or too much truck. Or wishing I had more truck.

Brian

/ ford f150 ecoboost #20  
Maybe I should post this in the "you know you're getting old" thread, but I don't think I'll ever believe that 1/2 ton trucks are good for much more than weekend dump runs or dragging your aluminum boat up to the lake. If your sole purpose for buying a truck is for towing then you should buy a real truck, not a car with a bed. Before I get slammed too hard, I'm also a guy that tows nearly everyday and my tow rig/daily driver is an F450 and I have the $1500+ a month fuel bill to go with it.