ford f150 ecoboost

/ ford f150 ecoboost
for the most part it will be a daily commutor truck accept for a few times a year and our camper barely squats a 2500 chevrolet

/ ford f150 ecoboost #22  
What does that equate to in pin weight though? What is the F150 pin weight rating? Otherwise it is just guesses.

My earlier question, are you currently towing the boat behind the 5th wheel? Did you get a Class-A non-commercial, or is it required in your area? I was under impression it was required to tow two trailers? Curious... My 5th wheel I got used; it has a hitch and is wired for trailer lights at the back. I have never used it though.

On the flip-side, I could see where a 15xx series pickup might ride better for commuting.

for the most part it will be a daily commuter truck accept for a few times a year and our camper barely squats a 2500 Chevrolet

/ ford f150 ecoboost #23  
Well, I looked at my 5th wheel papers. It has Unladen and laden wight, but not pin weight laden.

Got the book out; it said to scale the whole mess with and without truck to get pin weight. I figured that was something they would spec. Wrong...

/ ford f150 ecoboost
i do not remember exactly, yes behind , and as for the lisens it is not required

/ ford f150 ecoboost #25  
Looks like the Eco-boosts are around 5800 lbs, a gas F250 is around 7000 - I know everyone keeps saying the 1/2 tons are plenty but that extra 1000 lbs has to be coming from somewhere...... I would personally not use a 1/2 ton for that much weight, I would move to a 3/4 ton. Better to have too much than not enough....

/ ford f150 ecoboost #26  
What does that equate to in pin weight though? What is the F150 pin weight rating? Otherwise it is just guesses.

My earlier question, are you currently towing the boat behind the 5th wheel? Did you get a Class-A non-commercial, or is it required in your area? I was under impression it was required to tow two trailers? Curious... My 5th wheel I got used; it has a hitch and is wired for trailer lights at the back. I have never used it though.

On the flip-side, I could see where a 15xx series pickup might ride better for commuting.

Double towing a boat and camper is done a dozen times over each and every weekend at my lake. Requires no special license here. I see it done better than 100 times a year and have doubled utility trailers and two boats before. Just not that uncommon.

Chris