Ford Jubilee Live PTO ?

/ Ford Jubilee Live PTO ? #11  
I've just purchased a 1953 Ford Jubilee for $1800. Runs good, has some oil leaks, almost sure it needs.a a front seal replaced. Does anyone know exactly what is a live PTO on a jubilee model.

You definitely need an "over running clutch".
Check your PTO shaft diameter, to be sure you buy the correct diameter/size.
The best one on the market is the "Eurocardan Pawl Clutch", but it is $86.95.
It has a push pin connect/disconnect (requires no tools to disconnect).
If you go to the Agri-Supply site you can find it under their UPC #67962.
If you do not want to spend that much, their UPC #12050 is a drive pin in/drive pin out ( hammer and punch) overriding clutch for $37.49, or you can buy one just like it at TSC.
I have had both types, but for the convenience of quick removal (with only your fingers), I MUCH prefer the "Eurocardan Pawl Clutch".

/ Ford Jubilee Live PTO ? #12  
the live pto on a jube is mor elike a 2nd stage clutch.

you have a main foot clutch.. then there is the add in pinion clutch. on the jube, the pinion clutch is hydraulic. on an 8n, it is mechanical.

throwing the lever clutches the drivetrain at the pinion, but not the pto, because you have not stepped on the clutch. thus think of this as a separated 2 stage clutch.

need to check that lift cover .. unloader valves stick.. sometimes you get backpressure valve problems. did you remove he acorn nut and back the back pressure valve off before disassembly?

Yes I backed off the back pressure valve before removing the lift cover, how can I diagnose the back pressure valve? How much pressure should it take to press the spring loaded button inside of it?

I tested the lift cover by putting it in position control and moving the selector to the highest setting. I put a clamp over the back pressure valve hole and applied air pressure to the oil inlet. The lift arms immediately raised up and stayed there until I lowered the position selector.

At this point I am thinking it is a problem with the back pressure valve or the safety valve.

I ordered a manual and hydraulic diagnostic video but the USPS is taking their sweet time in getting it to me...

/ Ford Jubilee Live PTO ? #13  
Bp valve provides about 40 psi to keep the unloaded responsive. Safety valve should be goid if the lift cover operates on air.

I'd look at the relief at the base of the sump if it does not lift after reassembly

/ Ford Jubilee Live PTO ? #14  
Bp valve provides about 40 psi to keep the unloaded responsive. Safety valve should be goid if the lift cover operates on air.

I'd look at the relief at the base of the sump if it does not lift after reassembly

Just finished reassembly and still nothing. The relief valve is at the bottom of the sump where the high pressure hydro line enters the bottom of the sump? Thanks for the help btw...

/ Ford Jubilee Live PTO ? #15  
Yup, small plate under there

/ Ford Jubilee Live PTO ? #16  
the live pto on a jube is mor elike a 2nd stage clutch.

you have a main foot clutch.. then there is the add in pinion clutch. on the jube, the pinion clutch is hydraulic. on an 8n, it is mechanical.

throwing the lever clutches the drivetrain at the pinion, but not the pto, because you have not stepped on the clutch. thus think of this as a separated 2 stage clutch.

need to check that lift cover .. unloader valves stick.. sometimes you get backpressure valve problems. did you remove he acorn nut and back the back pressure valve off before disassembly?

You are talking about a different animal than the 1953 Jubilee I had. Ed

/ Ford Jubilee Live PTO ? #17  

"Live PTO" is a rare option on the Jubilee. Yours probably didn't have it. Does anyone know just how rare? Does it add to the value of the tractor?

/ Ford Jubilee Live PTO ? #18  

Same animal, just different options.

Much lil you could get optional pre/ post trannies from Sherman, hupp, etc.

/ Ford Jubilee Live PTO ? #19  
"Live PTO" is a rare option on the Jubilee. Yours probably didn't have it. Does anyone know just how rare? Does it add to the value of the tractor?

Scarce....

Yes's it adds some value.