Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one!

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #362  
Looks nice, I see you are still using the old double ring tire chains. They do a good job in mud and deep
Did I see that on marketplace? That has been completely restored, hasn't it? Nice! Almost hate to use it. Did you restore it?
The double ring chains are amazing for traction, a little rough ride on frozen ground without snow but well worth it.
I didn’t restore it. My previous 860 I inherited when we bought our farm was in rough cosmetic shape but served me well for lots of years. It finally got to the point it needed an engine rebuild which I was going to do but found this one which I couldn’t turn down.
The previous owner had it completely gone through and professionally rebuilt/restored and used it strictly for parades. If I remember correctly it had 83 hours on the rebuild when I bought it. It almost felt wrong working it the way I did but part of me believes these things were made to work not just show.
And yes you did see it on Marketplace place. I finally bought a Kubota MX5400 with loader, 3rd function, 3 rear remotes and hydrostatic drive. I kept the Ford for awhile but needed the room in the barn so I sold it.
I already miss the thing. We had some really cold temps a couple of weeks ago and it sure was nice to not having to worry about plugging in the block heater or about fuel gelling, that Ford never refused to start in any weather.

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #363  
My first winter with the 2000..4cyl. Gas.. The reason I went through it and put it back together was for the FEL. and cold weather use. Fires right up so the cold Temps. are not a problem. My old yanmar doesn't like the cold weather starts. Never has! I use a Thermal Start. In Ga. so I got bye with it but those days are gone!

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #364  
I have seen and been around a lot of hundred series Fords but I don't recall ever seeing a pre-cleaner made like that.
The guy I bought it from used it in shows and parades. He told me he got some ribbing from a few guys about the pre filter not being original equipment. I had one guy say he thought it was an option but I’m not sure about that. I do have to say it did did work, in dusty conditions it would accumulate dust in the bowl.

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #365  
That doesn't surprise me. I like all original too, but I posted pics of my 3000 diesel on an antique tractor site showing it in the dark with the blue lights under the hood making the engine glow blue and I got replies such as "you should be ashamed", "I'd be embarrassed" LOL

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #367  
That doesn't surprise me. I like all original too, but I posted pics of my 3000 diesel on an antique tractor site showing it in the dark with the blue lights under the hood making the engine glow blue and I got replies such as "you should be ashamed", "I'd be embarrassed" LOL
I say, to each his own. It's not like it's a "woke" tractor. But, if you named it "snowflake beauty", then I would have some words. It's a tractor!

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #368  
I believe the gentleman I purchased it from was also a member of an antique tractor group. I’m sure some are purists and want everything 100% original, which I get.
Because I use my tractors, I will go with function over form. Like I said in dusty conditions the air cleaner did actually collect dust, however I’m sure some of these show guys wouldn’t be using the tractor to disk a field.
First thing I did to the tractor was take off the original pan seat and put on a high back with arm rests
What a difference! Of course I gave the original to the new owner so he can swap it out if he wants to.
If I would have had the room I would have kept the tractor, I put about 300 hours on it and the only issue ai had was a condenser go bad. Really was a great tractor.

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #369  
I've had this 1986 Ford 1310 for about 27 years, now just over 1000 hours on the meter.

5766.png

July 3, 2020 Cherries.JPG

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #370  
I say, to each his own. It's not like it's a "woke" tractor. But, if you named it "snowflake beauty", then I would have some words. It's a tractor!
Ya, no rainbow lights on it. I just kept the blue lights because kids seem to like it at the shows.