Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown

/ Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown
It struck me as funny because 5000lbs won't make any decent truck downshift much, the fact your truck didn't is not exactly impressive which is obviously what you were going for. The real funny part is it's a pop-up which means very little aerodynamic drag making the load even easier. Also, I thought they were dirt bikes (200lbs +/-) but "motorcycles" does sound heavier.

Why another tangent about motorcyles? Two are dirt bikes, and mine is a 258 lb dual purpose motorcycle with a license plate. What's the difference? Wind resistance?, never had it in the wind tunnel but with the extended tongue, it is probably ugly. Here is a definition for you:

mo·tor·cy·cle (mtr-skl)
n.
A two-wheeled motor vehicle resembling a heavy bicycle, sometimes having two saddles and a sidecar with a third wheel.

You earlier stated you have no experience with turbo charged gas powered trucks. I do and am stating what my experiences are. Please bring what you drive along with your title, and we will have a challenge. I will donate your truck to a worthy cause afterwards.

Now if you have no value to add relating to turbo charged trucks, leave with your speculation.

/ Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown #22  
If you get a answer from Ford, perhaps (while you are on a roll) you could ask Dodge when they will get around to making a body that doesn't rust out the rocker panels in 8 years/80k miles...
I'll take a rusty fender over the rotted leaf spring shackle mounts and frames on our Ford's. The GM's seem to hold up the best against rust up here.
Why another tangent about motorcyles? Two are dirt bikes, and mine is a 258 lb dual purpose motorcycle with a license plate. What's the difference?
The difference is weight, motorcycles are typically 500lbs plus. Dirtbikes are much less but since your trying to impress everyone we'll call them motorcycles.
Now if you have no value to add relating to turbo charged trucks, leave with your speculation.
I'm sure my facts and numbers posted are more valuable to most than your ego boosting chest puffing stories about towing a pop-up.

As for experience, your saying you only have experience with something if you own it?
Should we exclude you from all non-Ford truck discussions? I on the other hand would rather have everyone's opinions even if they don't agree with mine. Apparently you can't handle that.

If that's true in this case then what's the point of that low end Torque if it doesn't make it to the ground?
Bragging rights? Do they bring a copy of the Engine Dyno to poker nights?

Reread the article you yourself posted. They say this torque limiting scheme is used in lower gears to protect the drivetrain. Extra torque is most important at higher speeds and gears.

/ Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown #24  
I'll take a rusty fender over the rotted leaf spring shackle mounts and frames on our Ford's. The GM's seem to hold up the best against rust up here.
I've got holes in the rocker panels I could put my fist through, can only jack on the subframe (ie: engine subframe or rear axle) because the rest looks suspiciously weak. This is on a '02 Dodge with 110k miles that we bought from my grandparents in 2009 with ~80k miles on it. Rust broke through in early 2010 when it was 8 years old. Wife still loves it though, so we still have it :(.
Hopefully we can replace it this year with something that resists rust more like my previous car (a '93 Volvo 940 wagon). Over 180k miles now, most in the Rochester NY area, was never garaged and the biggest rust spot is the nickle sized spot of surface rust on the roof above the drivers sunvisor where it picked up a rock chip.

Aaron Z

The difference is weight, motorcycles are typically 500lbs plus. Dirtbikes are much less but since your trying to impress everyone we'll call them motorcycles.

I'm sure my facts and numbers posted are more valuable to most than your ego boosting chest puffing stories about towing a pop-up.

As for experience, your saying you only have experience with something if you own it?
Should we exclude you from all non-Ford truck discussions? I on the other hand would rather have everyone's opinions even if they don't agree with mine. Apparently you can't handle that.

Your worried about my calling a dirt bike a motorcycle?. I said 5000lbs but if you look at my trailer build thread, it actually scaled 5020 lbs. How many popups have you seen that weigh 5020 lbs and are 26' long. Now popup is like dirtbike in your world.

Your opinions are facts in your mind. There is the problem.

Sorry if you consider my post as "ego boosting". Hope others don't feel that way because I not thinking it while I type.

Attachments

• image-1009432331.jpg
    image-1009432331.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 100
   / Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown #27  
Your worried about my calling a dirt bike a motorcycle?. I said 5000lbs but if you look at my trailer build thread, it actually scaled 5020 lbs. How many popups have you seen that weigh 5020 lbs and are 26' long. Now popup is like dirtbike in your world.
It's still a pop-up and won't have nearly the same drag as a 5000lb travel trailer. If your gonna make claims on towing performance, at least be clear on what your towing. No downshifting while towing a 5000lb travel trailer with 3 motorcycles would be impressive, a pop-up with dirt bikes? Not so much...

....and would downshift to 4th or maybe 3rd. Point made!
Now who thinks their opinion is fact?

It's still a pop-up and won't have nearly the same drag as a 5000lb travel trailer. If your gonna make claims on towing performance, at least be clear on what your towing. No downshifting while towing a 5000lb travel trailer with 3 motorcycles would be impressive, a pop-up with dirt bikes? Not so much...

Now who thinks their opinion is fact?

I never said travel trailer. WTH, why another tangent. I just said 5000 lb trailer. Why the details? Yes I found it impressive even if it was a 5000 lb aerodynamic rocket I was towing.

Because I have experience with your vintage hemi powered truck too. Are you going to argue your 9 year old, 5-speed hemi will hold gears on inclines better than an ecoboost? Please answer. I know how downshift happy that combo is.

Until Ram builds a turbo direct injection hemi, leave it out of this thread. I know you like the word hemi, but please refrain from throwing it in everyone's thread.

/ Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown #29  
A Hemi engine (from hemisphere) is an internal combustion engine in which the roof of each cylinder's combustion chamber is of hemispherical form.
The Toyota 4 cylinder in the Tacoma has a hemispherical form combustion chamber. As do many other engines.

/ Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown #30  
I never said travel trailer. WTH, why another tangent. I just said 5000 lb trailer. Why the details? Yes I found it impressive even if it was a 5000 lb aerodynamic rocket I was towing.

Because I have experience with your vintage hemi powered truck too. Are you going to argue your 9 year old, 5-speed hemi will hold gears on inclines better than an ecoboost? Please answer. I know how downshift happy that combo is.

Until Ram builds a turbo direct injection hemi, leave it out of this thread. I know you like the word hemi, but please refrain from throwing it in everyone's thread.

He might think like my neighbor, those wheels on the trailer push you up the hills.