Forum Upgrade - Any Issues?

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #21  
Is there a way to increase the text size and/or make it darker? For a senior citizen such as myself it's very difficult to read the posts.

To increase the text size in any modern browser, hold down the "Ctrl" key and press the "plus" key (+). That will zoom in and make the text bigger.

Aaron Z

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #22  
1) 'Reply to thread' button at the bottom of the page is dead. I had to 'reply' within msg #1 to post this.

2) As Aczlan pointed out, there is an awful lot of wasted whitespace, dead white lines, as viewed on the 800x600 laptop I use out here at the ranch. Looking at msg #1 the thread title has a huge blank white area above it - and the top of that thread title text is 40% of the way down the screen. The name of the poster for msg #1 and the post title are well below the midpoint of the screen and 'Hi Everybody', the first line of the message, is nearly 2/3 of the way down the screen. Any way to tighten this up? I suggest the thread title doesn't need such a large font, since the reader already saw the thread title before opening the thread. And the blank line above the thread title is apparently blanks of that same large font.

Overall the site looks good. Different but not worse, maybe better, and hopefully the recent unevenness is now all gone. :thumbsup:

Added: Wow more whitespace. I went to the Forum where I hang out (Yanmar). There is so much unnecessary stuff on the screen that the only purpose of that screen, the listing of recent threads, begins in the bottom inch of this 800x600 laptop screen.

CORRECTION this laptop display is 1280 x 800. My comments re screen appearance remain.

Last edited:
   / Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #23  
You can also use your mouse wheel and the "Ctrl" key to increase/decrease size.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #24  
I suggest the thread title doesn't need such a large font, since the reader already saw the thread title before opening the thread. And the blank line above the thread title is apparently blanks of that same large font.
Overall the site looks good. Different but not worse, maybe better, and hopefully the recent unevenness is now all gone. :thumbsup:
I agree... IMO, the title is in the "breadcrumb trail" at the top of the page is enough and it doesnt need to be in such a monster font on the next line down.

Aaron Z

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #25  
Are all the subscriptions and favorite threads we had marked lost?

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #26  
I have not tested it much and don't see a lot of difference on the mobile app.

I tried the browser app on my tablet and, at first glance, I think I like the new look and layout better than the old one.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #27  
I use the Quick Navigation button a lot. It seems now that the drop down list is too 'gappy' and is a bit of a pain to scroll through. There's lots of white space, and grey lines, between each forum title. I'd like to see it all tightened up, and make the drop down box taller if possible so more forum names are visible at once.

Cheers

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #28  
1 - I HATE the default to "quick reply"
2 - S L O W... Good grief it is slow...'
3 - Where is "My Home"?
4 - Did I mention it is SLOW?
5 - My subscribed threads pop-up in the 1st post, not the 1st unread.

But I DO love that you wisely chose R4 tires for the tread pattern! (BUT I REALLY HATE Quick Reply!)

David

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #29  
To increase the text size in any modern browser, hold down the "Ctrl" key and press the "plus" key (+). That will zoom in and make the text bigger.

Aaron Z

Thanks for the work-a-round. That solves the small text issue. :thumbsup:

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues?
Are all the subscriptions and favorite threads we had marked lost?

No. Click on settings. We'll probably change the name to "my home."