Forward stopped in the first 2 gears

/ Forward stopped in the first 2 gears #1  

Tim McCarley

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000D
I have a Yanmar YM2000D. A couple of days ago I put it in reverse. It bogged down and would not move. Then, it wasn't bogging down but still would not move. Then, it finally reversed. Now, reverse is fine in low and high range. But, the first two fwd gears does nothing in low or high range. The hight gears move fwd in low and high range.
Also, the tph has never worked right since I bought the tractor. It's like something is bypassing. BTW, it has a front end loader on it. Kind of irrelevant as far as fwd and Rev goes. Thanks for any and all advice.

/ Forward stopped in the first 2 gears #2  
I would take the top of the trans case off and look for something obvious, like a 1st/2nd gear shift fork malfunction. When you say the three point hasn't ever worked right, can you explain in more detail?

/ Forward stopped in the first 2 gears
Yes, it has a front loader. To operate the tph I have to shut valve to the loader. The tph will raise when I open valve under seat, but immediately drops back down unless I raise it and then shut valve under the seat. At that point I can turn the valve back on wo the loader and it will not work unless I open valve under the seat and allow the tph to go all the way down.

/ Forward stopped in the first 2 gears #4  
Sounds like a shift fork done come unaloosened on you. You need to park it in a good place. Put it in neutral. Pull the top of transmission off. Take pictures of suspect and non suspect items. Someone can help you then.

/ Forward stopped in the first 2 gears #5  
On the TPH, sounds like whoever plumbed the hydraulics for the loader robbed the flow to the TPH. Compare how your joystick valve is plumbed compared to this Yanmar Tractor Loader Install Instructions Hoye Tractor Yanmar Tractor Parts is the Guru of Yanmar and Aaron is very helpful and always a good source of help, I doubt you can have a problem that Aaron hasn't encountered and fixed. They also have a tech forum Yanmar Tractor Support Message Board - Index page
Thank you all so much. Gonna work on these issues when I get off work today.

Also, I need a pin for my bucket and can't find anything like it anywhere. Gonna send a picture.

Attachments

• 20220502_172202.jpg
    20220502_172202.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 38
   / Forward stopped in the first 2 gears #7  
OK... never seen one of those :) ! I assume the curved piece is a keeper of sorts. I would probably take a measurement and try to match a hitch pin to it and provided the end is able to pass completely through, retain it with a lynch pin or clip. It would also be fairy simple to fabricate a new one using off the shelf metal stock.

Yes I have already done that. I am a machinest, so I have access to all types of machinery and metal. The problem with putting a pin in it is it will constantly be in the dirt and most likely come out a lot. I don't have a way to bend and mold the spring steel without taking the temper out of it.

/ Forward stopped in the first 2 gears #9  
It looks like the spring steel on the old pin is riveted on. Can you simply grind the rivet head off and either; rivet it back on, drill and tap the pin and bolt it on or plug weld it to the new pin using the rivet hole?

Just curious, is that from a Yanmar loader?

Yes it's from a Yanmar YM2000D w/loader. I have lost one and was trying to find an exact match.