Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow

/ Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Deere/Frontier 108” wide. Euro/Global attach. Asking $3,000

1705791553019.jpeg

1705791626919.jpeg

Has steel edge and a rubber edge. Both new. Looks like it was never used and mostly sat around.

/ Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow #2  
Nice, which machinery of yours will it fit on ?

/ Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow
Nice, which machinery of yours will it fit on ?
Yes, the Challenger

1705792215048.jpeg

Current plow is really nice, but a bit small at 8’.

Massey already has the 10 foot “Doomesday Plow”

1705792343513.jpeg

Wonder if he’d take $2,000?
I bet that plow today is $5,000+

/ Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow #6  
Wonder if he’d take $2,000?
I bet that plow today is $5,000+
It doesn't hurt to ask. I bet you'll get it for less than the advertised $3K. Looks to be in great shape.

/ Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow #7  
It's a rigid design though. Right? No way to lower it and let it "float" on its own weight. You'd have the weight of your loader on it too. If it was suspended by a chain and able to pivot on the SSQA plate, it would be much more like a truck mounted plow.

Nice plow that looks new and pretty cheap for what it is. I'd modify it to float up and down from the SSQA plate -- if I was in the market for a plow that size. Is it really better than a buying a truck mounted plow (front end only) and adapting to a SSQA. You have the talent to fabricate and weld and the clevis pieces and weldments are cheap -- Easy to make a plow that pins onto a plate just like it would on a truck.

/ Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow #8  
Curious what your plan is. You're looking for a truck to plow with. Will you also have both of these tractors set up to plow snow too? You'll be able to keep the whole county clear!

It's a rigid design though. Right? No way to lower it and let it "float" on its own weight. You'd have the weight of your loader on it too. If it was suspended by a chain and able to pivot on the SSQA plate, it would be much more like a truck mounted plow.

Nice plow that looks new and pretty cheap for what it is. I'd modify it to float up and down from the SSQA plate -- if I was in the market for a plow that size. Is it really better than a buying a truck mounted plow (front end only) and adapting to a SSQA. You have the talent to fabricate and weld and the clevis pieces and weldments are cheap -- Easy to make a plow that pins onto a plate just like it would on a truck.
I already have a snowplow for the tractor, but it’s a little small at 96”.

1705798427676.jpeg

1705798139070.jpeg

It was mounted to. Kubota M series, but I sold it. The Challenger kind of dwarfs it, but it does work pretty good on narrow driveways.

/ Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow #10  
I'd offer 2 if I were you... 2 years ago I happened on a 10 footer on the side of the road already mounted to a SSQA plate with power angle cylinders and hoses and I offered the seller a grand and got it. I did have to replace the wear edge but that was it. Problem is, it will plow steer my M9 without chains on the front tires and it's heavy too. I also added wheels to the bottom, replaced the skid shoes and I have it set to just skim the surface and no more. With the big Lucknow Blower on the back, it's basically unstoppable.

Attachments

• IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_0040 (1).JPG
    100_0040 (1).JPG
    921 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_0005.JPG
    100_0005.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 37