Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow

/ Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow #11  
Strike a deal and get it while you can!

/ Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow
Curious what your plan is.

Bigger plow for the Challenger. Current one doesn’t really cover the tire tracks.
You're looking for a truck to plow with.

Yes! I want to “retire” (I’m not that old) into a truck. So much easier to plow with, but keep the tractors as a backup plowing vehicle.
Will you also have both of these tractors set up to plow snow too? You'll be able to keep the whole county clear!

I currently have (2) plows. The huge one on the Massey I got for $900 and keep it on the farm to clear the farm driveway. I just drive it out of the barn, down the road and back. Then it goes back in the barn.
The smaller one, on the Challenger, is my “everyday” plow rig I use for my customers driveways and small lanes I plow.

What I’d like to do is take the Challenger off everyday plowing, and replace it with a faster, more comfy one ton plowing truck. I had one, but sold it because it was a 6.4L Ford, needing monthly repairs.
I really liked this truck. The 1-ton SRW I’m trying to replace.…
1705799446995.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow #14  
Wonder if he’d take $2,000?
I bet that plow today is $5,000+
"It doesn't hurt to ask" is my way of thinking. Also (and depending locally) the euro hitch might not be to his favor.👍
Even at $3000 you shouldn't be hurt. That JD paint is worth a grand alone. 🤣

"It doesn't hurt to ask" is my way of thinking. Also (and depending locally) the euro hitch might not be to his favor.👍
Even at $3000 you shouldn't be hurt. That JD paint is worth a grand alone. 🤣
Well, truthfully its a Frontier.

1705800758477.png

/ Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow #18  
Being on the west side of the lake Erie snow machine and not over by lake Michigan either, we really don't get huge snows as a rule. One in a great while we do but it's rare, We get the cold temps however and it's cold right now I did not even put the plow on last year or the blower and just cleaned off what little we did get with the loader bucket and this year is shaping up to be the same deal. I have them if I need them but I don't think I will this year either. They are both in the barn snoozing and I'm not burning expensive diesel fuel either, though I do need to get one of them out next week and load some round bales for a customer. Probably use the cab unit as it has heat.

/ Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow #19  
We're hurting for snow here.
We just had a nice 10-11" that was nice and fluffy. The 2 before (4-6") ended up as rain and turned into slush. 👎
The snowmobilers are pissed.

/ Found a really nice 9’ tractor snowplow #20  
Double check the width of that plow on full angle. I run a 9'6" on my smaller than your Challenger (m9540) and it covers the tracks nicely but a tight corner will get squished out by the inside tire.
You don't need 2 too small plows.