Fragility and Durability of the BX

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #31  
We have Bx's with over 5,000 hours on them. I would wonder that the man worked for a Kubota dealer?

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #32  
Bought my BX22 over 10 years ago. I work it pretty hard, but nothing crazy, and follow all the required maintenance procedures. Except for the decorative badge in the steering wheel hub coming unglued, it's been a sturdy little unit.

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #33  
Only a couple hundred hours on my '24 but it's been solid. I'll just echo the one major issue: unprotected underbelly if there's no mower mounted.

My bit of bad luck (I'm the only one...) tall grass wiped out the wiring harness and a drive-line seal. The HST fan survived but the rad fan didn't. Immediately _after_ added a set of Bro-tek belly plates. The BXpanded unit looks good too.

Too soon old, and too late smart...
Z.

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #35  
It never ceases to amaze me that it seems what ever shop or mechanic someone talked to a comment like this is made about any make or model. I'm not from Missouri but am becoming a show me person. As I read more and more posts here I've found many are pure theory and too many people reply from their "tractor simulators" rather than personal experience and can't back up their statements. So, ya gotta learn what to weed out and what to rely upon.

Exactly! The good 'ole arm chair "experts" that don't even own a tractor! Lol

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #36  
The Bx has been called a overgrown lawn mower by some, delicate by others, now fragile. In the mean time the people that own them just ignore that talk and keep on using them with very little problems.

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #37  
"He says they see many BX's come into his shop with broken driveline parts."

"a" = 1
"a couple" = 2
"a few" = 3
"a bunch" = 5 or 6 (as in the number of bananas you get in an average bunch)
"many" = 4 or more

Nail his buns down. Is his "many" dozens of tractors, or just the minimum 4 to qualify? Is he talking about since January 2015, or is he talking about 4 tractors since the BX models first came out? Anecdotes are great if you want to know IF something ever happened; they suck when it comes to quantitative and qualitative analysis.

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #38  
Sometimes it is simply operator error... the Dealer that was nearby did have a fair number of BX units in... the owner said they often sell to people that have never owned a tractor or have tractor experience.

One day I saw what looked like brand new one torn down... the owners son filled the tank with gasoline and ran it until it stopped... it was the first fill after the delivery fill.

He had another one that was crunched when a trailer ramp collapsed and the BX hit the concrete hard on it's side.

Another one came in because it wasn't running right... dealer found the radiator screen plugged... never been cleaned and had been used exclusively for mowing...

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #39  
We have a BX22 with over 2,000 hours don't think I would call that Fragile

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #40