Freakin lime!!??!!

/ Freakin lime!!??!! #31  
Diversification, got about 85 acres of pines.. need some clearings, need to do some controlled burns to create some savanna areas, got some ponds, got a marsh.. nice riparian corridor... just need some clearings ...

Gotcha! Sounds nice!!! :)

/ Freakin lime!!??!!
Anybody know anything about Bio-Activated Liquid Calcium???

They say it will do everything lime does only better, I'm just afraid its just another gimmick..

About 2/3 the price, although I'd have to buy a sprayer..

/ Freakin lime!!??!!
Gotcha! Sounds nice!!! :)

We just bought this place in December so I'm working on setting it up the way I want, it was ignored for quite a few years so I'm cleaning it up a bit. Nice big deer hunting field will be nice.

/ Freakin lime!!??!! #34  

They say it will do everything lime does only better, I'm just afraid its just another gimmick..

Hmm. Lots of Craigslist adds.

One website, no science quoted, and has customer testimonials. While not proving bad, those do throw up flags for me.

Google shows a few other message posts if people trying to find out info. I only looked 1 page over, didn't see any who have tried it.

I see mention of it being put down with nitrogen...

/ Freakin lime!!??!!
Hmm. Lots of Craigslist adds.

One website, no science quoted, and has customer testimonials. While not proving bad, those do throw up flags for me.

QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking..

/ Freakin lime!!??!! #36  
You don't indicate where you are in South Carolina. I recently used Tri-County fertiler in Belton, SC for a similar issue. Turns out purchasing anything less than a "load" would induce delivery charges so I purchased an entire load - approximately 14,000 lbs for our 6+ acres and their trucks have slingers and man do they ever sling! I just directed them away from my septic field and let them have at it. 30 minutes and almost $600 later it was done. I'll do another soil sample in a year or so but for now its over. Based upon how long and how many circuits he did around my place he estimated I was only applying lime to 4.5-5 acres. Sounds pretty close to yours.

/ Freakin lime!!??!!
You don't indicate where you are in South Carolina. I recently used Tri-County fertiler in Belton, SC for a similar issue. Turns out purchasing anything less than a "load" would induce delivery charges so I purchased an entire load - approximately 14,000 lbs for our 6+ acres and their trucks have slingers and man do they ever sling! I just directed them away from my septic field and let them have at it. 30 minutes and almost $600 later it was done. I'll do another soil sample in a year or so but for now its over. Based upon how long and how many circuits he did around my place he estimated I was only applying lime to 4.5-5 acres. Sounds pretty close to yours.

Kershaw SC, a couple hours east of you looks like.

If I could get 14000 pounds spread for $600 I'd be tickled pink!!

/ Freakin lime!!??!! #38  
We just bought this place in December so I'm working on setting it up the way I want, it was ignored for quite a few years so I'm cleaning it up a bit. Nice big deer hunting field will be nice.

We got our in '89. It was 1/2 fields and we wanted it to go back to woods! To each his own... :laughing:

/ Freakin lime!!??!! #39  

Sorry, I know this is days later. But the liquid lime is borderline gimmick. It does do something, so I wouldn’t call it a complete gimmick, but it simply doesn’t do what they imply. Raising the soil pH is simple chemistry. They claim to get better results with a small fraction of what is used in traditional lime, but it’s simply not possible to the degree they make you believe. It’s also going to be a nightmare to spray with a smaller sprayer.

/ Freakin lime!!??!!
Sorry, I know this is days later. But the liquid lime is borderline gimmick. It does do something, so I wouldn’t call it a complete gimmick, but it simply doesn’t do what they imply. Raising the soil pH is simple chemistry. They claim to get better results with a small fraction of what is used in traditional lime, but it’s simply not possible to the degree they make you believe. It’s also going to be a nightmare to spray with a smaller sprayer.

Yes, I believe that's true. I asked a few questions and they were quick to answer. I asked how long it would last till I had to apply again... Never got an answer or even a response.

I'm guessing its like the old analogy of is it a band aid or a cure..