Frist time -4oohr change

/ Frist time -4oohr change #11  
Motor oil doesnt really matter but when it comes to hydr oil use what the dealer says. Diff tractor brands use diff hydr pumps and they make the oil that best suits that pump. Im a massey dealer and know for a fact off brand oil will not work for the newer tractors.

/ Frist time -4oohr change #12  
Chevron Delo engine oil comes in 10-30 or 15-40, and Delo is excellent as it's factory fill at Peterbilt and kenworth for around 20 years now. Chevron also has the Synthetic Tractor/ Hyd. fluid that is great stuff and long houred oil. Kubota may sell good oil all right under their label, but I never heard of them owning a refinery or blending plant, they buy the oil from some one and re-brand, or have it made for them to a certain tweak. I doubt there is any "metal-in-a-can" or some magic bullets. I'd put Delo in any engine on the planet.

/ Frist time -4oohr change #13  
No, by any means would I want to save money by using cheaper stuff if it wasn't as good as kubota brands.
I seem to remember the service guy said it would be around 400 for the filters and fluid, almost a grand if I have them do it, including transporting to and from.
I'm looking into having one of the service guys come here after hours on the weekend to see what that might cost.

Or you can buy Kubota brand fluid and filter and change it yourself, for less than $200. Im sure it cant be that hard. Pull plug drain into 2 empty buckets, change filter, fill and then take used oil to the oil drop place or auto zone and dispose of it.

$1000 thats crazy, now i know they have to pick it up and drop it off but now way id pay that. Do you know any shadtree mechanics they will come to your hose and do it for a couple hours labor and prolly no more than $100 service fee so id say $250 for the job plus supplies.

/ Frist time -4oohr change
Took your advice and went to the Kubota dealer to pick up my filters and oil today . To do the 400hr service.
Fuel Filter $3.96
Oil Filter $10.99
HST Filter $77.47
Suction Filter $30.90
Element *** $20.34
Kubtoa 10w-30 qt x2 $9.94
Kubtoa 10w-30 gal $19.58
Kubtoa SUDT gal $23.22
Kubtoa SUDT 5 gal x2 $197.42
Kubtoa T- Shirt $12.98
Tol. $426.09
While talking to the service guy,I asked him about using other brands of filters and he told me that he knows of at least three times of filters(HST) blowing apart and even off the tractor because of the pressure in the filters (mostly when its cold) I'll stay with Kubota brand.
Thanks for the advice!

/ Frist time -4oohr change #15  
I use all Kubota filters and SUDT. I have enough problems of my own with out experimenting with the filters and oils on my tractor. It's one of the few things that works like it is supposed to.

/ Frist time -4oohr change #16  
Took your advice and went to the Kubota dealer to pick up my filters and oil today . To do the 400hr service.
Fuel Filter $3.96
Oil Filter $10.99
HST Filter $77.47
Suction Filter $30.90
Element *** $20.34
Kubtoa 10w-30 qt x2 $9.94
Kubtoa 10w-30 gal $19.58
Kubtoa SUDT gal $23.22
Kubtoa SUDT 5 gal x2 $197.42
Kubtoa T- Shirt $12.98
Tol. $426.09
While talking to the service guy,I asked him about using other brands of filters and he told me that he knows of at least three times of filters(HST) blowing apart and even off the tractor because of the pressure in the filters (mostly when its cold) I'll stay with Kubota brand.
Thanks for the advice!

Kubota recomeds 10w -30 oil in their Deisel tractors? Is it even deisel rated CJ or what ever the new rating is for deisel? 10w-30 is usually a gas rated oil.

Kubota recomeds 10w -30 oil in their Deisel tractors? Is it even deisel rated CJ or what ever the new rating is for deisel? 10w-30 is usually a gas rated oil.

This API service CI-4Plus,CI-4,CG-4,CF-4,CF,CE,CD,CC/SL,SJ engine oil. Meets or exceeds the performance requirements of gas and diesel engines.
So it says on the back of the gal jug.But I don't see anything about a CJ rating. I see in fine print "Manufactured for Kubota Tractor Corporation" but not who makes it for them.

/ Frist time -4oohr change #18  

No, actually Rotella comes in 10w-30 and yes, Kubota sells diesel oil 10w-30 under their own label as well. Not rare at all. In the US, Valvoline/Ashland is Kubota's typical supplier.

/ Frist time -4oohr change #19  
This API service CI-4Plus,CI-4,CG-4,CF-4,CF,CE,CD,CC/SL,SJ engine oil. Meets or exceeds the performance requirements of gas and diesel engines.
So it says on the back of the gal jug.But I don't see anything about a CJ rating. I see in fine print "Manufactured for Kubota Tractor Corporation" but not who makes it for them.

I probably made up CJ oil. I knew it was a "c" though.:D

Just wanting to look out for you. I figured if kuboo sold it to you it must be right.

I probably made up CJ oil. I knew it was a "c" though.:D

Just wanting to look out for you. I figured if kuboo sold it to you it must be right.

Hey thanks, it's people like you that we newbies look up to. without you guys givivg us advice we'd be lost!!!