From Orange to Green

/ From Orange to Green #21  
And that's where it should have remained. I saw the thread you linked while looking at options. It is apparent that Kubota has better quality control than Deere, that while both have occasional issues Deere seems to have more of them, particularly in some series. That said, the 4M and 4R series have few reported issues. And it is also true that a good dealer standing solidly in your corner is a huge advantage. Once a man has done his research, weighed the pros and cons and made his decision, to crap in his Cheerios like you did contributes nothing to the thread except to display pettiness and mean-spiritedness.

Semper fi

All brands have some issues. Deere makes good equipment, stands behind their equipment and you have a fine tractor. Pictures please, we like pictures.

/ From Orange to Green
All brands have some issues. Deere makes good equipment, stands behind their equipment and you have a fine tractor. Pictures please, we like pictures.

In the shop at the moment, having the rear remote installed and tires/rims switched from R4 to aggies. Will take pix when it's all together and again when it is delivered.

/ From Orange to Green #23  
Pete,
I'm shocked that you are going away from Kubota! I truly understand-I am sure that I will look at other brands when I buy my next tractor. I did look at JD's when I bought the B2620-liked some of the features on the JD, but I see Kubota has included them on the new B series.
Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures.

Will

/ From Orange to Green #24  
I felt the same way about the Kubota dealers around here too. One couldn't even be bothered to go outside. It was like there they are, go look. Even getting a brochure never happened. But back then the Green dealers were no better. They just wanted to deal with the farmer looking for large equipment. I was pretty set on going with NH but I really liked the duel speed HST set up on the Grand L's. Even with the extra HP I still use it all the time when using the loader and when blowing snow going into deep stuff and up the hills.

Congrats on the new tractor, Deere does make a pretty machine.

/ From Orange to Green #25  
In the shop at the moment, having the rear remote installed and tires/rims switched from R4 to aggies. Will take pix when it's all together and again when it is delivered.

I'm also a R1 fan, they just work better for my uses....oh and they make the tractor look just right.

/ From Orange to Green #26  
I felt the same way about the Kubota dealers around here too. One couldn't even be bothered to go outside. It was like there they are, go look. Even getting a brochure never happened. But back then the Green dealers were no better. They just wanted to deal with the farmer looking for large equipment. I was pretty set on going with NH but I really liked the duel speed HST set up on the Grand L's. Even with the extra HP I still use it all the time when using the loader and when blowing snow going into deep stuff and up the hills. Congrats on the new tractor, Deere does make a pretty machine.

Now that I have the dual speed it would be hard to go without it. My 5240 has plenty of horsepower but the ability to up shift or downshift as needed or wanted has been extremely useful.

/ From Orange to Green
Now that I have the dual speed it would be hard to go without it. My 5240 has plenty of horsepower but the ability to up shift or downshift as needed or wanted has been extremely useful.

Yeah, that was the one feature that really gave me second thoughts, but the new property we're moving to is much flatter than where we are now. Much better pasture too!