Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear

/ Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear #1  

acjammo

Tractor
Valpadana 41hp 2001,Case IH 61HP 2011, Kubota B3150 2018
I had to replace the front anti-scalp wheel and the front link stopper as both had worn down significantly - the steel stopper bar to about 2/3 of its thickness. I have replaced both (Kubota genuine parts) but they still rub. The Operators Manual as usual is not a lot of help but it seems definite that the front link length must be 505mm which it was. I reduced it to 500mm but not a lot better so wonder if reducing it more will help. Anyone had this problem before?

Attachments

• 20231115_151758.jpg
    20231115_151758.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
   / Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear #2  
Is there a reason why the two links aren’t engaged into the front mower support? You’re showing it half installed.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear #3  
The is a very confusing post. I'd have a lot of questions before even thinking about commenting or trying to help.
  1. What is a 'link stopper?'
  2. Is this on a B3150 tractor?
  3. Is the newly painted orange rod thing the "link stopper?"
  4. If that is the 'stopper' where was the old one worn?
  5. What now rubs against what?
I do know that the front twin link length (appearing to be adjusted by the threaded rods with lock nuts in your picture) will change the leveling of your mid-mount mower deck. Too short will raise the front edge of the deck compared to the back edge and vice versa. I had another model Kubota deck out of level and the length of that front twin bar made a big difference in leveling the whole deck. But 5mm is not much. Did you have a clear diagram that shiws exactly where the 500 or 505 mm was to be measured?

Before getting wound up into details of this, could you clarify what was worn (picture maybe?) and say how you think it got worn so badly?

/ Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear
1. its the stopper which attaches to the front link (Photo attached)
2. Yep a B3150 tractor with a RCK60-30BA platform.
3. Yes
4. 5. The under part of the crossbar of the stopper is contacting with the anti-scalp wheel causing considerable wear of both. Same problem with the new parts which show early signs of rubbing after one 4 acre mow.

Also attached is the diagram from the manual showing where to measure length of the front link.

Attachments

• 20231123_174732.jpg
    20231123_174732.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 20231123_200408.jpg
    20231123_200408.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
   / Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear #5  
I have no idea what I am talking about but it looks to me like it is designed for the arms to be installed without having to remove the pins. But where the stopper is located in your picture is where the pins in the arms should be. Then the stopper would fold over in that notched part to lock it in place.

I put an arrow on your picture to show what I think. But I don’t have a mid mount mower so not sure.
IMG_0102.jpeg

/ Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear #6  
Here’s how mine fits. No rubbing.

Attachments

• IMG_1598.jpeg
    IMG_1598.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1599.jpeg
    IMG_1599.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
   / Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear #7  
   / Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear #8  
See post #6.....and the pic in post #5..In the OP picture, the hook up is incorrect.......The "front link" is supposed to fit into the deck rceiver lowest notch. I never did quite understand what that other piece is supposed to do, but mount it as in post #6 picture.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear #9  
Here’s how mine fits. No rubbing.
There you go ! I think you just solved the man's problem. Great example of the value of sharing info on TBN !!

/ Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear
Thanks guys for all your help, much appreciated. I'll try it out when it stops raining here and I am sure that it will solve my problem. It is sad that the Kubota manual does not show how you are supposed to hook it up.