Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear

/ Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear #11  
Thanks guys for all your help, much appreciated. I'll try it out when it stops raining here and I am sure that it will solve my problem. It is sad that the Kubota manual does not show how you are supposed to hook it up.
Usually Kubota provides a separate mower deck owners manual. It does not illustrate the hookup or describe how to install the deck!?

/ Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear
I did get the official Kubota Mower Deck Operators Manual and the online manual is the same - no detail on hookup! Still they make great tractors.

/ Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear #13  
I did get the official Kubota Mower Deck Operators Manual and the online manual is the same - no detail on hookup! Still they make great tractors.
Isn't that crazy! I can almost understand with the smaller BX series tractors where the front deck hookup is so simple and obvious...but yours is NOT simple or obvious!! And in many ways it kind of contradicts the "standard" connection to the midmount mower deck that Kubota makes on so many other tractors. Several BX that I have worked on or owned and 3 B2150s I own ALL have the simple linkage there at the front of the deck. Makes me wonder what other models have the "extra stopper bar" connection.

Last edited:
   / Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear #14  
The BX mowers are suspended and float above the ground using anti-scalp wheels to adjust the deck on uneven ground. These wheels are not designed to ride constantly on the ground.

These style of mowers are designed to ride along the ground and follow the contour using gauge wheels and anti-scalp wheels while being pulled. Under the wrong conditions the mower can detach from the front mount and that is where the stopper does its job.

Hopefully this helps out.

Attachments

• IMG_1601.png
    IMG_1601.png
    739.6 KB · Views: 43
   / Front anti-scalp wheel impacting stopper on front link causing wear #15  
So that diagram DOES SHOW how to properly hookup the deck. I assume that IS in the mower manual, right? Kind of a relief to see that it is documented. Sprytle is right that the BX decks are suspension decks. However, my older B2150 is a ground-rider and is NOT a suspension deck. The B2150 decks have no "stopper bar" on them (and are hitched exactly like the BX decks.) I have two of those B2150 decks. The B3150 is a much newer tractor (over 18 years newer) than my B2150s so I would have to assume Kubota has learned the risk of deck detachment Sprytle described and added the "stopper" bar. Good for Kubota and great for the OP that now he can assemble his machine correctly. Happy ending all around.