Front Axle Seal Replacement

/ Front Axle Seal Replacement
OK folks...think the problem just got more expensive....turns out the issue is in the following: Front Axle.gif

#7 Bearing was shredded, that in turn caused group #2 to shred and then the real issue....#1 on the base of the axle shaft there is a small (1/16 maybe 1/8 nick) and (it gets worse) #5 where it seats against #1 is all eaten up and chunks missing.

I could grasp pictures if needed but I think the diagram and my explanation should suffice....the question is #5, that's all integrated as one piece, correct? I can't press out the damaged pieces and replace just them? Regarding the nick on #1, does that nick require replacement of that as well, or can I sand it relatively smooth (ie, take away the edges) or would that ruin the seal for the #2 group.

I think I know these answers, just hoping that someone else has some real word experience.

Thanks

/ Front Axle Seal Replacement #12  
Without being there and seeing the parts I couldn't make a helpful comment. Not sure I am understanding #5 integrated as one piece? All those pieces are individual other than the seal.

/ Front Axle Seal Replacement
Thanks...I ended up bringing the axle and cover to bobcat...the axle is good with a touch of sanding to remove the burs, however the cover needed replacement. Essentially after the seals a bearings are removed there is the bearing race and then machined parts that are machined into the cover itself, that's what was trashed, so new cover on order. Downside is a backorder....2 weeks, 10 weeks, no idea. Not good for a guy who uses it to mow his yard every week....