Front end loader/dirt moving tips ?

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ? #31  
Nice home and piece of property! :thumbsup: I picked up one of those harbor freight cement mixers and have used it quite a bit. It does a great job and allows me to get the mix closer to what I need. This is the one I have. 3-1/2 Cubic Ft. Cement Mixer

I too think of Oklahoma as being a flat state...lol
Of course everyone else thinks of Alabama as being slap full of rednecks who always marry their sister/cousins...lol

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ?
I was in HF and looked at those wondering about durability. With your vote, I'm going to go get one this week.

Yeah, everyone does think OK is flat. And it is out in a lot of places. But over here next to the Arkansas border the Ozark and Ouachita mountains start. So we have a bit of variety. But that comes with ROCKS! bunches of em.

Okay. I called Harry at BXpanded and have a Piranha tooth bar on the way.
I drop my wife off at the airport today and that is in close vicinity to Harbor Freight which had one of those mixers. And I got a coupon!<laughing>
I tried to explain to her the facts of needing 3 point pallet forks, which need a tilt kit of course, which will need rear remotes to operate but she's being a little narrow minded right now.
You guys are WORSE than crack dealers!
"Here. Just a set of bucket hooks. Then a little bigger toolbox. Then a receiver hitch. And then and then and then..."

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ? #34  
It's fun spending other peoples money!

If just a toothbar does the job OK and or with a subsoiler etc...for loosening enough to remove with the FEL...and if there is a place to stock pile a few loader buckets where it could be accessed with a 3ph rear scoop pan...it would add some capacity and help balance the load for the 300' haul...

I see 3ph scoops all the time for anywhere from $100 -$150...on CL...

And then I am looking at CL and this shows up for 100 bucks. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456333439.179014.jpg
It has rained here hard yesterday so it's a mess around here but I had to try it out.
The trip mechanism was frozen up up a little time with penetrating oil, prybar and wirebrush has it working again perfectly.
The spring is gone and I used a bungee for now till I see one in my travels.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456333639.046438.jpg

I have to say, pulling on the string, hearing the latch click and the thump of the bucket dumping brought a grin to my face like a little kid! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456333740.747898.jpg

I read a lot about them after it was mentioned here. They have apparently been used on farms for quite a few years since FELs were (and still are) so expensive.
This'll carry a good sized load up the hill also in conjunction with the front bucket AND makes it easier to back in and dump under the deck.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456333997.193318.jpg

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ? #37  
That's a good way to do it. I don't have that kind of luck, that deal wouldn't have come my way until the project was finished.