Front end loader/dirt moving tips ?

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ? #11  
All good advice and of course some things may make one way a bit better than another. If it is not a vertical bank and I can drive on it, I use something to break it up, I'm using the scarifiers on my HD box scraper now, but have used a plow, tiller, etc. If the soil is moist and compacted, I sometimes spread it out or stack it to let it dry. I can the carry more with less weight and it compacts better.

Yes, it is slow bucket by bucket, but on that slope, that's how I'd do it.

I have my tires wide set, fluid in tires in addition to wheel weights and plenty of weight on my 3PH.

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ? #12  
Last year I did almost the exact same thing as the OP...I dug out a half basement under a cabin...the supports were concrete block pilings...

I had the exact same issue with the hill and not being able to use the scarifiers...fortunately for me I could use my backhoe to loosen the earth but there was no room to swing the boom so I had to just loosen a pile and pull it up against the machine...then back the hoe out and use the box blade to move the piles out...

I agree a tooth bar makes a world of difference...

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ? #13  
I would just haul it in the bucket. Unloading a truck would be to much work and hiring someone or renting a bigger tractor would cost to much. I like seat time, why not just enjoy? Ed

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ? #14  
Get a nice set of head phones ,your favorite music and enjoj playing with the machine . You may want to put some filter cloth behind the wall if you are just stacking the stone

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ? #15  
Any thoughts on side pressure on the support posts ?

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ? #16  
Definitely get a tooth bar. If I was on flat ground I would use my Chevy 3500 dump truck. The truck is pretty top heavy, so probably wouldn't use it on the hill. Also my truck is a 2x4 so it probably couldn't back up that hill. Unloading dirt from a non dumping device is way too much trouble. I would just use the tractor if I didn't have a dump truck. I have a backhoe which I would use to break the dirt.

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ? #17  
If just a toothbar does the job OK and or with a subsoiler etc...for loosening enough to remove with the FEL...and if there is a place to stock pile a few loader buckets where it could be accessed with a 3ph rear scoop pan...it would add some capacity and help balance the load for the 300' haul...

I see 3ph scoops all the time for anywhere from $100 -$150...on CL...

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ? #18  
If you are going high on the down hill side don't forget some tie backs.

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ?
Any thoughts on side pressure on the support posts ?

That I definitely planned for and is a good point. I placed BIG rock behind each one with clearance and then stacked up and around them. I'm so glad I did after learning the tip of putting some PVC around them. It'll be an easy redo.

/ Front end loader/dirt moving tips ?
If just a toothbar does the job OK and or with a subsoiler etc...for loosening enough to remove with the FEL...and if there is a place to stock pile a few loader buckets where it could be accessed with a 3ph rear scoop pan...it would add some capacity and help balance the load for the 300' haul...

I see 3ph scoops all the time for anywhere from $100 -$150...on CL...

That's a great idea. I had been toying with the idea of trying to be able to use a scoop to carry also.