Front Snow Blade

/ Front Snow Blade #1  

Mark Page

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader
I would like to have a front mounted snow blade for my 2615 Massey. It would seem like a simple thing to do as I have an FEL. Take off the bucket and put on the blade. Lift it with the loader and angle the blade with bucket remote. I've searched the web and talked with my Massey dealer with no luck.

/ Front Snow Blade #2  
Search the snow removal forum here and you will find dozens of messages on mounting a snow blade to an FEL, including some from me. There will also be links to dealers who sell blades.

Good luck!

/ Front Snow Blade #3  
I just did that on my Kubota L-35, except that I added new lines and a valve for angling the plow. You might still want the bucket curl function - In fact, I'm not sure how you'd do without it. As to the plow, I bought a used 7 foot Fisher truck plow last spring for $200. I picked up the power for the new front hydraulics by tapping into the power beyond to the hoe. All told, I have the $200 plow, $190 in a quick release plate (local dealer), $120 for an open-center double-acting valve (surpluscenter.com), and about $400 in hydraulic lines, and some minor money in paint, pins and bolts.

Lots of good advice on this forum, which is largely how I figured it out. Good luck!

/ Front Snow Blade #4  
I just did that on my Kubota L-35, except that I added new lines and a valve for angling the plow. You might still want the bucket curl function - In fact, I'm not sure how you'd do without it.

I went through one of the worst winters I can remember last year, with a 7' long 24" tall plow on my FEL, redirecting the curl function on the loader to angle the plow. I regularly had 3-4' drifts across my 400' driveway, and it managed just fine. I really didn't miss the curl at all. Now I wouldn't do without the QA though...

HH

/ Front Snow Blade #5  
Having curl can get you out of trouble/struck if need be,..just the that little push from the curl and your good to go again.

/ Front Snow Blade #6  
I find using the curly function to raise/lower the plow is more precise than raising or lowering the loader arms. That matters on my gravel driveway. Not a huge deal otherwise, I just like it better. And yes, retaining curl can help get you out of some nastiness, particularly if you don't have a backhoe on the machine. Of course, I never get stuck...

/ Front Snow Blade #7  
Just had this done. Used a snowblade and pump that I had for my truck. Now I can use the blade on either one within minutes. I dont have the third function valve on the tractor so I use the plow pump to angle the blade just like on the truck. Some amish made the plate and reinforced it with a hefty frame, along with tubes so my hoop could fit inside. The plow attaches at the bottom. Had them put a chain catch on top in case I do get the third funtion valve in the future and or the pump goes up and I need to plow.

/ Front Snow Blade #8  
I did this two years ago. got a old truck plow, welded on mounting points for fel arms with bucket off.

/ Front Snow Blade #9  
I would like to have a front mounted snow blade for my 2615 Massey. It would seem like a simple thing to do as I have an FEL. Take off the bucket and put on the blade. Lift it with the loader and angle the blade with bucket remote. I've searched the web and talked with my Massey dealer with no luck.

Guess your dealer has never hesrd of Horst Welding?

HLA Snow

Grest products.

Good luck!

/ Front Snow Blade #10  
The area in front of my garage is concrete but the long drive is gravel. I fabricated gauge wheels on my plow and use the curl function to either scrape or keep the moldboard up to 1 inch above the gravel. It's worked well for 9 years but I did add a valve and cylinder for power angle after the first year.

JohnZ
B7500